testtest

Search results

  1. C

    First Look: Auto-Ordnance M1 Carbine SBR

    I have a Suomi that has been retrofitted to semiauto to in Vernonia, Oregon. Talk about heavy!
  2. C

    First Look: Auto-Ordnance M1 Carbine SBR

    I haven't shot the Thompson, but I have held one and understand how heavy it is. I had a D-Max Carbine in 10mm before it was stolen. It was much lighter than the Thompson.
  3. C

    First Look: Auto-Ordnance M1 Carbine SBR

    The 12" barrel of a Thompson SMG (M1 edition) with a slower cyclic rate (like the M3 SMG) of about 450 RPM would make a great house-clearing SMG.
  4. C

    First Look: Auto-Ordnance M1 Carbine SBR

    IMHO, either a Vector, MP-10, or Thompson (M1 submachine gun) would be some of the best candidates for a 10mm Auto subgun. It should definitely sport a Cutts compensator.
  5. C

    Discussion: Ayoob: My Take on the SA-35

    My Girsan MC P35 fits my hand very well. It is accurate as all get out and has enough power to do the job. I want two more 15-round magazines and a holster that will fit my P35, then one that will fit my Bersa TPR9. Works for me.
  6. C

    Girsan M14 T

    I'll take one in .32 ACP, please!
  7. C

    First Look: Auto-Ordnance M1 Carbine SBR

    The 10mm peaks at about 10 inches. The 10mm Auto is highly sensitive to barrel length, with muzzle velocity scaling an average of 20 to 25 fps per inch up to 6-8 inches. Full-power loads peak in effectiveness around 10 inches, while diminished "FBI loads" (similar to a .40 S&W) see less...
  8. C

    First Look: Auto-Ordnance M1 Carbine SBR

    I remember. (I was working as a Security Officer/Agent periodically during this time).
  9. C

    First Look: Auto-Ordnance M1 Carbine SBR

    That may well be, but as you know, the short barrel robs the .30 Carbine of its performance, hence hindering its purpose. The 10mm Kriss Vector would be a better platform. With full-power loads, it will prove a better performer on both two- and four-legged threats.
  10. C

    First Look: Auto-Ordnance M1 Carbine SBR

    In Vietnam, these had a purpose. The tunnel rats used them to good effect. In a civilian setting, a hallway may be your only obstacle. If you are looking for a toy, it seems a rather expensive plaything. Whatever floats your boat.
  11. C

    First Look: Auto-Ordnance M1 Carbine SBR

    Uhhhhhhhh, no thanks. I prefer owning the full-length carbine. I'm not looking for some "cute" alteration that affords no advantage over the original short rifle. In a civilian setting, you might as well use a pistol-caliber carbine.
  12. C

    Girsan P-35, PI, LW, Match

    I enjoy my Girsan MC P35. I don't feel the need for a smaller pistol. If I want a smaller handgun, I'll carry either my CA Undercover or Undercoverette. (I get an extra round of .32 H&R Magnum in the Undercoverette).
  13. C

    Discussion: Ayoob: My Take on the SA-35

    Mas is right. HE'S THE MAN! I'm fond of the SA-35, but still appreciate my Girsan MC P35.
  14. C

    Lindsey Graham Passes

    RIP, Senator Graham.
  15. C

    Why revolvers?

    I love both. That's what makes horse races and life.
  16. C

    Discussion: Is Car Carry a Mistake?

    "I can't AIWB as my belly is too damn big LOL. (Guess I got old)." Welcome to my world.
  17. C

    Why revolvers?

    The Browning Hi-Power (Grand Puissance) is what began the "high capacity" movement. (That was in 1935.) Think about it.
  18. C

    Why revolvers?

    The 6" barrel works extremely well.
  19. C

    Why revolvers?

    I carried a Colt Trooper Mk III in the early 2000s. That, and 18 rounds of ammunition (12 in speedloaders) it served me well.
  20. C

    Happy 4th of July (250 years)

    I went to the range and enjoyed the morning.
Back
Top