testtest

Search results

  1. Anchorite

    Do hammers really beat strikers?

    You’d think that with all the torture testing strikers were subjected to during development someone would have come up with this sort of freeze-thaw-freeze-thaw cycle test. But, IDK.
  2. Anchorite

    Ex-Okaloosa deputy - not guilty of manslaughter of Airman

    I don’t know the facts, but according to multiple sources the deputy answered a domestic call at the apartment complex and the airman’s apartment was the wrong apartment. I’ll say that you don’t have to answer your door, and you have every right to carry a gun around in your abode. I don’t...
  3. Anchorite

    More magazine capacity

    True. And sometimes good judgment is the better part of defensive training, or as sometimes it’s said, discretion is the better part of valor. Choose different surroundings, walk away, don’t escalate the situation, stay away from questionable locations … these are tactics as well.
  4. Anchorite

    Ex-Okaloosa deputy - not guilty of manslaughter of Airman

    Haven’t seen anyone talking about this. https://weartv.com/news/local/ex-okaloosa-deputy-found-not-guilty-of-manslaughter-in-killing-of-airman-roger-fortson
  5. Anchorite

    After all is said and done, don't discount the smallbore pistol.

    Every aspect of personal safety-defense is some sort of a compromise on some level.
  6. Anchorite

    Do hammers really beat strikers?

    I post the following link as food for thought. Strikers can malfunction in cold weather. Might make you think about a striker as your choice in a cold environment. https://www.alaskasnewssource.com/2026/03/12/that-was-my-last-resort-iditarod-rookie-recounts-frantic-bison-encounter-trail/
  7. Anchorite

    excellent article by Karen Hunter on staying in control.

    It’s like any other habit (skill?) in that it is perishable if not exercised.
  8. Anchorite

    The 41 Magnum: A Big-Bore Sixgun Cartridge with Great Merit

    The 41 is good for anything in the Lower 48.
  9. Anchorite

    Firing through glass - the considerations of bullet deflection

    The odds of me ever being in a gunfight are negligible. That said, I have carried some form of FP in my autos since I was old enough to get my first pistol permit back in the mid-eighties. During the BLM riots over the past few years, I could see bad guys using cars and other unconventional...
  10. Anchorite

    excellent article by Karen Hunter on staying in control.

    Great stuff. Thanks for sharing. The most important self defense tool is the six inches between your ears, and self defense starts well before you decide on your armament.
  11. Anchorite

    Do hammers really beat strikers?

    Prefer hammer, but am (almost) equally at home with striker. I do always try to match the tool to the environment/AO as much as possible. I’m more likely to be in the boonies when I need to use my firearm than in civilization. That makes a difference, I believe.
  12. Anchorite

    The 41 Magnum: A Big-Bore Sixgun Cartridge with Great Merit

    I do like a 41. Thanks for sharing!
  13. Anchorite

    We are heartbroken

    sorry for your loss
  14. Anchorite

    Can You Shoot Someone Who Has No Weapon In Self-Defense?

    Yes. Also, as in, "reasonable doubt."
  15. Anchorite

    Full size concealed carry.

    Never one to criticize anyone's choice in a carry piece .... carry what you feel the most confident in getting into a gun fight with.
  16. Anchorite

    Discussion: Winter Emergency Car Kit - Are You Ready?

    I would think that wisdom comes from others knowing your whereabouts -- in other words, if you file a flight plan, then things go wrong, I could see that making sense. As you don't arrive when and where you're supposed to, then it ought to be easy to back-track until you find the lost party...
  17. Anchorite

    What Your Steak Order Says About You

    Rare here. So, “The absolute perfect balance of all things steak. If this is you, then you are a driven but patient person. You don’t enjoy waiting around and don’t suffer fools well. You will commit time and energy to deeply meaningful things. Steak is one of them.” I couldn’t agree more...
  18. Anchorite

    Discussion: Winter Emergency Car Kit - Are You Ready?

    Agreed. Not exactly on topic as we don’t get bad winter weather here. We have other weather worries … Living on the Gulf Coast we don’t worry about anything but hurricanes. And I’m not bugging out. I’m digging in! And for those, I apply the Rule of 3s. Plan to be on your own for at least 3...
  19. Anchorite

    Discussion: Ayoob: Should You Always Get Off the X?

    Yep. Once a Boy Scout, always a Boy Scout.
  20. Anchorite

    What is a decoppering agent, and why does it matter?

    Cleanliness is next to godliness, they say. I don't know about more consistency. Lots goes into competitive shooting. So, lots to work on. Barrels foul because they have imperfections that scrape the copper off bullets. This is nothing new, and very typical of factory barrels. A lot of...
Back
Top