testtest

1 passion for life!

What would be your life passion/job you would do for life? Guns, auto or whatever tickles you pink! You get all the perks that come with it and live a moderate life, but not in luxury.

It's hard to just pick 1, but most anything that has to do with hands. I love to build and create new/upgrade and usable for others.

I work and live my passion daily.

i am in the adult beverage business for Beer and Spirits and get to talk, educate and sell these fine products daily.
I bring and sell “good times”

i am a top tier educator on spirits and been doing this for 30 yrs. I have sold and sell now some of the most sought after spirits in the world. Wouldn't ask for another career

Last edited:
There's a lot of stuff I would love to do. I guess if I had to pick one I wish I had stayed in LA in the 80s and became a major rock god. It would only be fun if you're big enough to have roadies. I spent the last 20 years schlepping my own massive bass rigs and massive sound systems from club to club and setting it all up before playing for 4 hours. It was great and all but it was a lot of work. Definitely not enough money for the work involved. It was weekend fun.

Then again I would love to own a ranch. Or a gun range/store. Or be a batch tester for Guinness. :)

There's a lot of stuff I would love to do. I guess if I had to pick one I wish I had stayed in LA in the 80s and became a major rock god. It would only be fun if you're big enough to have roadies. I spent the last 20 years schlepping my own massive bass rigs and massive sound systems from club to club and setting it all up before playing for 4 hours. It was great and all but it was a lot of work. Definitely not enough money for the work involved. It was weekend fun.

Then again I would love to own a ranch. Or a gun range/store. Or be a batch tester for Guinness. :)

Well, right now I can't really decide between being a world renown brain surgeon ....... or a fry cook !!!! Hummmn?

But back about 50 or so years ago my life's ambition would have been to be a top notch NASCAR race driver. I tried a little of the smaller, bullring stuff around the SE for a while and loved it as much as my daddy did in his day. Much of that was before NASCAR was organized, although he was a founding member.

Yessiree-bob, that's what I would have wanted to do back when I still had some reflexes and peripheral vision. Oh well !!!

At this point in life it'd be making heirloom pieces in a woodshop. Decades ago it would have been restoring old cars, and I had my boxing/must thai/mma phase not that long ago. Right now I'd be a very happy man if I could do my workday in a shop and have a good 1750yd range our back for fun. All of it in the Rockies, of course, so there'd be good skiing, biking, hunting, and hiking.

3 months before I graduated hs there was no interest in college of any sort, but that all changed on college/career day. Being mechanical minded automotive mechanics called me and I answered. The school was about 100 miles from home and coming back on weekends was a no brainer. Took care of my cattle and horses and left Monday mornings at 5:45am to get to school by 7:15am. Woodworking was a close second to mechanical engineering and several schools wanted me, but couldn't stand the testing and studying. HS was enough.

Just one? Sorry, am a lost cause on that one. Been bored once in life, walked miles down a beach to get out of slump. Never want to be there again. Enjoy doing too many different things. They all generally fall in or tie in together. Wood, metal, electrical work, electronics, painting, drawing, music, reading, gardening, and in general working with hands.

Hey Bob as far as this forum is concerned you ROCK. 🤠

I would love to be a paid travel writer. I love to travel but funds limit me to three overseas trip a year. On my last trip the Corona Virus became a major issue and when I returned to the U.S. in Mid February last year that was the end of travel. I do have a South American/Antarctica trip planned for February of 2022.

Being a master carpenter working with wood is my passion. 20 years in the firearm industry making wood bolt action gun stocks, best time in my life.

“If you truly love your job you’ll never work a day in your life”

Working now as the manager for the maintenance department at a small but growing manufacturer in Kentucky.

My dad was a woodworker and one of his businesses when I was a kid was called "Gunstocks Unlimited". Although I enjoyed working with wood I more enjoyed finishing and he had me doing hand rubbed oil finishes on gunstocks before I was a teenager. Later on I apprenticed with a cabinet maker friend of mine and learned to finish. NGR was just coming about and I just caught the advent of LPHV spraying equipment before I joined the carpenters union as a cub. Shortly after becoming a journeyman the housing market bottomed out and after spending a few months sitting in the hall, unable to take the work I was seeing available since it was mostly non-union I walked up to the gal in the office and handed her my card. The next day I answered an ad in the paper that said $5/hr. must have your own truck and tools. By the end of the following week I was making $15/hr. ( good money back then) running a crew rehabbing flats in south St. Louis. By the time I was with the company 3 months I was made a supervisor and basically drove around making punchlists and insuring crews had the material they needed. Maybe a year later I started my own company and began focusing on exterior remodeling. I made S tons of money off vinyl siding, replacement windows, decks and room additions. At one point I was the most expensive siding installer in the STL area. That's because I paid attention to detail and was the guy big companies subcontracted to for very high end work. I'd show up to these jobs where the salesmen had already pissed these people off so bad that sometimes as soon as I stepped out of my truck I came under fire. By the end of the first day these customers loved me and the work I was doing and the manner in which I did it. To get paid I had to get the big check at the end of the job, which I always did. At that point I could write my own checks and I have to say that the 1990s were VERY good to Bassbob.

I never again did join the Carpenters Union ( although I was briefly a Teamster). In fact from 1996 to 2012 I was a fairly successful general contractor. When the Obama economy hit the downturn started and in 2012 I took a ( union) laborer position with the local gas company where today I am a foreman on a service and installation truck.

This was a long, convoluted story to say that although I was a journeyman carpenter with a penchant for woodworking and especially finishing, I never made enough money doing that. I have mad respect for guys that can pull it off though because it takes massive talent which I don't possess.

My dad was a woodworker and one of his businesses when I was a kid was called "Gunstocks Unlimited". Although I enjoyed working with wood I more enjoyed finishing and he had me doing hand rubbed oil finishes on gunstocks before I was a teenager. Later on I apprenticed with a cabinet maker friend of mine and learned to finish. NGR was just coming about and I just caught the advent of LPHV spraying equipment before I joined the carpenters union as a cub. Shortly after becoming a journeyman the housing market bottomed out and after spending a few months sitting in the hall, unable to take the work I was seeing available since it was mostly non-union I walked up to the gal in the office and handed her my card. The next day I answered an ad in the paper that said $5/hr. must have your own truck and tools. By the end of the following week I was making $15/hr. ( good money back then) running a crew rehabbing flats in south St. Louis. By the time I was with the company 3 months I was made a supervisor and basically drove around making punchlists and insuring crews had the material they needed. Maybe a year later I started my own company and began focusing on exterior remodeling. I made S tons of money off vinyl siding, replacement windows, decks and room additions. At one point I was the most expensive siding installer in the STL area. That's because I paid attention to detail and was the guy big companies subcontracted to for very high end work. I'd show up to these jobs where the salesmen had already pissed these people off so bad that sometimes as soon as I stepped out of my truck I came under fire. By the end of the first day these customers loved me and the work I was doing and the manner in which I did it. To get paid I had to get the big check at the end of the job, which I always did. At that point I could write my own checks and I have to say that the 1990s were VERY good to Bassbob.

I never again did join the Carpenters Union ( although I was briefly a Teamster). In fact from 1996 to 2012 I was a fairly successful general contractor. When the Obama economy hit the downturn started and in 2012 I took a ( union) laborer position with the local gas company where today I am a foreman on a service and installation truck.

This was a long, convoluted story to say that although I was a journeyman carpenter with a penchant for woodworking and especially finishing, I never made enough money doing that. I have mad respect for guys that can pull it off though because it takes massive talent which I don't possess.
I have never been in a union however I was approached many times during my years as a home improvement contractor, I owned the company for over 11 years but it was impossible to make money in Connecticut being the taxes on everything were OUTRAGEOUS. I sold the company and the new owners lasted a year.

You show where your not in it just for a buck! People who stand behind their work are hard too come by! The builders my mother used screwed her bad and I warned her about them, but didn't heath!

You show where your not in it just for a buck! People who stand behind their work are hard too come by! The builders my mother used screwed her bad and I warned her about them, but didn't heath!

Those guys make it hard for us honest guys. Especially the smaller guys. I lost jobs early on because people wanted to go with a name they had heard. Since I was a subcontractor I did work for some of those big guys. One customer turned down my bid because he wanted to go with a well known name. I explained to him that those guys used subs and some guy like me was going to show up to do it. About 3 months later I showed up at his house to do the work. The contract he signed was for about 7k more than my bid which he turned down. He was pretty pissed when he saw me pull up with my truck and trailer and equipment.

Those guys make it hard for us honest guys. Especially the smaller guys. I lost jobs early on because people wanted to go with a name they had heard. Since I was a subcontractor I did work for some of those big guys. One customer turned down my bid because he wanted to go with a well known name. I explained to him that those guys used subs and some guy like me was going to show up to do it. About 3 months later I showed up at his house to do the work. The contract he signed was for about 7k more than my bid which he turned down. He was pretty pissed when he saw me pull up with my truck and trailer and equipment.
They are a small company about 45 miles from my mother and was able to get started quickly which raised more flags. The worst thing is that the exterior wood used split and warped after 2 years and caused structural problems.

Back