testtest

Dealing with the Unseen Threat: MIRA Safety Tactical Respirators

Sorry in advance, its just so overused. What is the difference between a tactical one and I suppose non-tactical? Would one be wise to buy the "tactical" version for normal uses, given that most would use it mostly in a non-tactical way,?

What makes one tactical,

Last edited:
Best to consider a "full-faced" model that seals off any irritants in a integral unit than relying on seperate goggles. Mira also makes those.

Also, these are only effective in a normal o2 environment. You'll need supplemental o2 if in a below-normal o2 environment.

Last edited:
Best to consider a "full-faced" model that seals off any irritants in a integral unit than relying on seperate goggles.

^ +1.

Given that this article seems to focus on the use this respirator to mitigate the effects of crowd-control irritants, at the very least, the author should have mentioned something about the need for proper eyewear.

I wish this article would also have talked a bit about the absolute need for proper fit-testing of such critical equipment, and the practice of fit-checking prior to use.

The article provided some excellent and striking visuals, but I find it to be very lacking, in terms of usable information.

[ Same goes for @Talyn 's mention of the need to distinguish between use in normal-O2. ]

I do not see the usefulness of a half face respirator mask in a CBRN scenario.

You need to protect your eyes as much as your lungs. The goggles in the pic above certainly will not do that, in fact most will not.

Do not waste money on a half face mask. Get a full face mask for CBRN protection. Make certain that mask properly fits you. It is not a one size fits all item.

Also it's very important to be aware that the filters these masks use have a very limited useful lifespan -hours once they are unsealed and put into the mask. You need a supply of filters to go with your mask.

Back