testtest

11 Top Holsters for Your 1911 DS Prodigy

I have a Simply Rugged holster made for a Commander with a rail, and my Prodigy still doesn't fit in it.

I think it's best to just plan on going with a holster built specifically for a 2011 with a rail.

You guys need to take the Comp-Tac CT3 duty holster down off your website. There is a complete design flaw. You can not have the safety on when it is put in the holster. If you do the safety is clicked off due to the holster not being designed correctly. And you can not run the gun with the hammer back due to the fact you can not out the gun on safe. Please see pics attached. So instead of sending it back I used a Dremel and cut the index out.

Attachments

• tempImageR0ETfk.png
    tempImageR0ETfk.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 168
  • IMG_2459.jpeg
    IMG_2459.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 156
  • IMG_2458.jpeg
    IMG_2458.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 173
  • IMG_2465.jpeg
    IMG_2465.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 143
  • IMG_2463.jpeg
    IMG_2463.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 149
  • IMG_2462.jpeg
    IMG_2462.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 146
  • IMG_2460.jpeg
    IMG_2460.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 225
And just got my DeSantis Veiled Partner, very good!
Maybe I got a dud, but this DeSantis holster is scratching my Prodigy, back to the Black Scorpion Outdoor. It's not as tight to the body as the DeSantis, but the scratches are pretty bad after a week of carry!

You guys need to take the Comp-Tac CT3 duty holster down off your website. There is a complete design flaw. You can not have the safety on when it is put in the holster. If you do the safety is clicked off due to the holster not being designed correctly. And you can not run the gun with the hammer back due to the fact you can not out the gun on safe. Please see pics attached. So instead of sending it back I used a Dremel and cut the index out.
I ended up using the Dremel on mine as well. What a fail from Comp-Tac & SA. How did this slip by?

I ended up using the Dremel on mine as well. What a fail from Comp-Tac & SA. How did this slip by?
No idea. I even emailed them and let them know the design flaw and all the pictures I posted here. They sent back a generic response saying that they had several spec op guys and others that helped develop the holster. I told them it was wrong and that the holster needs a re-design. I will find the email and post it here. It was a total joke response. With that said it is a solid holster and it’s level 3 so I can use it at work.

No idea. I even emailed them and let them know the design flaw and all the pictures I posted here. They sent back a generic response saying that they had several spec op guys and others that helped develop the holster. I told them it was wrong and that the holster needs a re-design. I will find the email and post it here. It was a total joke response. With that said it is a solid holster and it’s level 3 so I can use it at work.
Yah, I got the same response.

Maybe I got a dud, but this DeSantis holster is scratching my Prodigy, back to the Black Scorpion Outdoor. It's not as tight to the body as the DeSantis, but the scratches are pretty bad after a week of carry!
Guess I got a dud too...look at the gap!! This thing sticks out like a sore thumb. Not the quality or design I expected from SA or DeSantis.

Attachments

• Veiled holster.jpg
    Veiled holster.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 118
And just got my DeSantis Veiled Partner, very good!
Guess I got a defective one, the gap at the front makes this thing stick out like a sore thumb. Even though the front is slightly curved, the back loop/holster is too flat causing this.

Attachments

• Veiled holster.jpg
    Veiled holster.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 110
Do you know if they took this down as requested? I don't see this holster being available for the Prodigy.
This is exactly what I am looking for my new Prodigy and I don't mind doing a little modding.

Back