testtest

LaRue Tactical MBT-2S Trigger Review

IMveryHO, the MBT-2S is a really, really good bargain for a two-stage AR trigger, even today.

Years ago when they were first introduced and so tremendously popular that they couldn't keep up with demand (Q3, 2014), Larue offered buyers the option to shave a few bucks off the price if they were willing to select the option to allow delayed fulfillment. At another point (IIRC Q2, 2017), they also did a bonus that packaged it with a "Trigger Action Chassis."

Even at full cost today, it still undercuts the Geissele G2S by close to $70, and while the trigger path between the two aren't quite the same, the MBT still punches in the same league, for-sure. Even for those who are able to find the G2S at a steep discount (like semi-annual sales from Primary Arms, etc. - not like when DPMS unloaded their OEs for $99, including shipping! o_O ), I still think the MBT is a contender.

Why?

Because my personal take on the MBT -which mirrors that of many other shooters'- is that it's just *different* versus the G2S. Not better, not worse: just different. And as-such, different users will have a preference for one versus the other.

I really do love the G2S. But my daughter will Pepsi/Coke blind-taste-test always in favor of the MBT-2S, which has been on her AR since we built it together in Spring, 2017.

1648839261080.png

^ From - https://www.thearmorylife.com/forum/threads/lets-see-your-ar-setups.258/page-4#post-4361

Her hand-size is average for a woman of her stature (5'4"), but she has really long fingers, meaning that her glove size is typically scaled up (she takes the "Medium" sized P.I.G FDT Charlie). As such, she typically prefers more girth in terms of the grip: for example, with her Gen4 Glock, she uses the largest backstrap. According to her, the way the curved bow is cut on the standard MBT-2S (https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-mbt-2s-trigger/), it hits her finger better when combined with the K2+.

IMveryHO, the MBT-2S is a really, really good bargain for a two-stage AR trigger, even today.

Years ago when they were first introduced and so tremendously popular that they couldn't keep up with demand (Q3, 2014), Larue offered buyers the option to shave a few bucks off the price if they were willing to select the option to allow delayed fulfillment. At another point (IIRC Q2, 2017), they also did a bonus that packaged it with a "Trigger Action Chassis."

Even at full cost today, it still undercuts the Geissele G2S by close to $70, and while the trigger path between the two aren't quite the same, the MBT still punches in the same league, for-sure. Even for those who are able to find the G2S at a steep discount (like semi-annual sales from Primary Arms, etc. - not like when DPMS unloaded their OEs for $99, including shipping! o_O ), I still think the MBT is a contender.

Why?

Because my personal take on the MBT -which mirrors that of many other shooters'- is that it's just *different* versus the G2S. Not better, not worse: just different. And as-such, different users will have a preference for one versus the other.

I really do love the G2S. But my daughter will Pepsi/Coke blind-taste-test always in favor of the MBT-2S, which has been on her AR since we built it together in Spring, 2017.

View attachment 26070
^ From - https://www.thearmorylife.com/forum/threads/lets-see-your-ar-setups.258/page-4#post-4361

Her hand-size is average for a woman of her stature (5'4"), but she has really long fingers, meaning that her glove size is typically scaled up (she takes the "Medium" sized P.I.G FDT Charlie). As such, she typically prefers more girth in terms of the grip: for example, with her Gen4 Glock, she uses the largest backstrap. According to her, the way the curved bow is cut on the standard MBT-2S (https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-mbt-2s-trigger/), it hits her finger better when combined with the K2+.
Very nice weapon. What do you think about that MRO optic?

^ Thanks. :)

Mine is a first-generation, so it's got slight fisheye - but for me, I rarely even notice (and the little one has yet to, either).

It's so far been durable, and the Scalarworks mount has been on-point, with good return-to-zero.

Back