testtest

Axis vs. AA Guns: History of American Anti-Aircraft Weapons

Enjoyed the article. Brought back memories of my time in Laos with the 606 ACS ('67). We had several of the M2s on our M37s and when things would get slow we'd take them out to the local Lao army camp and burn through a lot of ammo. We got pretty good at it but we didn't have any aircraft to shoot down! That would have been fun. We finally ran out of "bull" barrels (literally burned them up) and used the shorter, lighter aircraft barrels and these increased the rate of fire considerably. Had mostly API but also a lot of solid tracer which were quite a sight! Thanks for the good read!

When I was growing up, a good friend’s father had purchased a trailer with the quad .50 AA mount at a surplus auction…minus the M2’s (sadly!). Meant to turn it into some type of agricultural tool, but never did…so it just sat in the grove.

I have no idea how many Stukas and Zeros we “shot down” while sitting on it.

Enjoyed the article. Brought back memories of my time in Laos with the 606 ACS ('67). We had several of the M2s on our M37s and when things would get slow we'd take them out to the local Lao army camp and burn through a lot of ammo. We got pretty good at it but we didn't have any aircraft to shoot down! That would have been fun. We finally ran out of "bull" barrels (literally burned them up) and used the shorter, lighter aircraft barrels and these increased the rate of fire considerably. Had mostly API but also a lot of solid tracer which were quite a sight! Thanks for the good read!
Thank you for your service sir.

Back