testtest

iRay Rico Micro Thermal Scope Review

Why wasn't the testing done at night when thermal is supposed to be the big advantage?

Testing during the day is pretty....

Last edited:
Although impressive and exciting to know, “if I read correctly” that it is made in the USA at $3,000 it’s a hard pass for me. Also not mentioned if it was tested for reliability using it mounted on a large caliber heavy recoil rifle.

Why wasn't the testing done at night when thermal is supposed to be the big advantage?

Testing during the day is pretty....
I understand the inclination, but the beauty of thermal is... well, it's thermal. It detects variances in temp in spite of the darkness - and is useful for say, a hog hunt in dense forest or brush, even in low-light daytime conditions. The visual feedback you receive works in nighttime or daytime conditions, and is not solely a product for night use. Albeit, the temp difference between night and day could provide additional thermal variance to help ID targets. If it were an NVG being showcased, absolutely it would have to be at night. But alas, this was just a fundamentals overview of the product and initial impressions. Hoping to have some hunts lined up that might merit a nighttime field test in the future.

Reactions: BSD
Back