testtest

14 confirmed dead in Texas school shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s on Yahoo News too, and the live comments are coming in, hot and heavy. So here is another example of a maniac at work. There is an endless supply of them these days.

Note:
* Gov. Abbott also said the shooter reportedly killed his grandmother before entering the school.

Last edited:
The news on this tragic incident is contradicting depending on the source.

I'm seeing reports of 15 dead and other reports of 2 dead with 13 injured.

Prayers to the families and the victims.
he even shot his own grandmother, it is reported....she might still be living.

The suspect also allegedly shot his grandmother before entering the school and again opening fire, Abbott said. He did not say anything further about her condition.

either way, does anyone see the anti-gun people pressuring the politicians even more now?

i do.

either way, does anyone see the anti-gun people pressuring the politicians even more now?

i do.
Maybe its time the gun community commits to pressuring politicians for solutions and enforcement of laws on the books. And maybe the creation of some that aren't. The question isn't if the anti-gun people will respond, the question is if the pro-2A people will demand that action be taken. We have to reduce the opportunity for these events to occur. When does enough become enough?

i do.
They already are. I just watched it on CBS news.

I called this a week ago after the Buffalo thing. I told my wife we are going to be hearing about all kinds of mass shootings now. Yeah, cause and causation blah, blah, blah, it's just awful convenient.

Very, very sad situation for our friends in Texas, thoughts and prayers to all the families envolved in this horrific tragedy. But you know this current administration will use this for there agenda, instead of supporting the families effected by this, maybe one day, they will learn to console the families.

Out of respect for the families and the victims of today's tragedy, please keep any politics or controversy out of the thread.

We all know the media and certain groups will always use any tragedy to their political advantage but none of this pays any respects to the victims.

Maybe its time the gun community commits to pressuring politicians for solutions and enforcement of laws on the books. And maybe the creation of some that aren't. The question isn't if the anti-gun people will respond, the question is if the pro-2A people will demand that action be taken. We have to reduce the opportunity for these events to occur. When does enough become enough?
well, i haven't seen the NRA or GOA as of yet say much, if they did, i musta missed it.

I have two teachers in the family, so these situations are always on my mind. I texted one of them, saying...

"This is senseless! We need to harden our schools to prevent future attacks. In addition, we need to get rid of those "Gun-Free Zone" signs, which alert the mentally ill to soft targets. Guess why they don't attack police stations."

My thoughts go back to the days when I would visit my kids schools and there would be Polizei posted outside armed with pistols and rifles.

We have some work to do as a society.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back