testtest

New Bushnell Reflex Sights

I'll pass. I do have a really nice, older Bushnell Elite 6500 rifle scope, but I have never been impressed by Bushnell optics. I know their TRS25 got decent reviews, but frankly there are much better options out there.
100% agreed, I've had 4 Bushnell RDS fail on the range on an M&P, each of them with a different problem from the laser shutting down to the buttons flying off, glass cracking or flying off entirely. I still have one in RMA since December, probably the last time I bother with their RDS, they seem like afterthoughts.

There will be plenty of people who jump on these because they are relatively inexpensive and I suppose for range visits they are fine. For more robust applications these are not going to knock any of the big names off their perch.
Trudat! Even range visits are a question, it's that low quality unfortunately...

I think we've entered the Twilight Zone with Bushnell Tech Support: responding to their e-mail sends an autoreply "please go to our website to log a support case". Fair enough, let's go there and do that, autoreply "please go to our website to log a support case". Well done!

The (4th of its kind) RDS was sent for RMA in December 2022, 5 weeks ago it was determined that the missing button was indeed a defect, and a replacement was being sent. After that, silence and endless loop autoreply. In contrast, my replacement LPVO mount from SIG has already been shipped, less that 3 days after reporting the problem. No questions asked. I had to pay for shipping to send my defective RDS to Bushnell too!

I think we've entered the Twilight Zone with Bushnell Tech Support: responding to their e-mail sends an autoreply "please go to our website to log a support case". Fair enough, let's go there and do that, autoreply "please go to our website to log a support case". Well done!

The (4th of its kind) RDS was sent for RMA in December 2022, 5 weeks ago it was determined that the missing button was indeed a defect, and a replacement was being sent. After that, silence and endless loop autoreply. In contrast, my replacement LPVO mount from SIG has already been shipped, less that 3 days after reporting the problem. No questions asked. I had to pay for shipping to send my defective RDS to Bushnell too!
I think Bushnell isn't what it used to be.

I think Bushnell isn't what it used to be.
Yeah, it is now "back ordered, coming from KS in 2-3 weeks". In the meantime, the RXC/RXU are $50 off, down from $199 to $149. That is cheap! Might be OK on a .380 ACP like the SIG P365, not sure if it can handle anything harder... I know my M&P 5" shattered 4 RXS, all in a different way, but all well below 100 rounds...

And of course, the Bushnell RDS doesn't fit the P365-380! It's endless...

And here's the ‎$150 RXU-200 on a SIG P365-380, not a bad fit at all. No seal plate, battery at the bottom, but it comes with a cover and 3 sets of screws, 2x M4 and 1x M3 (the M3 are good for the P365-380). It's going to the range tomorrow for stress testing, let's see if it comes back in one piece :LOL:

365a.png

365b.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont think Bushnell ever was.
I have an older Bushnell Elite 6500 4.5-30X50 which is an excellent scope. They were about a grand new. I bought mine used for $300. Maybe not as bad ass as a new, Zeiss or Swarovski or anything, but when it came out it was on par with the Swarovski Z6.

It's probably worth more than the rifle it's sitting on. Not counting the furniture I got about the same amount in both.

fQ2CLPM.jpg

And here's the ‎$150 RXU-200 on a SIG P365-380, not a bad fit at all. No seal plate, battery at the bottom, but it comes with a cover and 3 sets of screws, 2x M4 and 1x M3 (the M3 are good for the P365-380). It's going to the range tomorrow for stress testing, let's see if it comes back in one piece :LOL:

View attachment 37732

View attachment 37734

tentech- Saw this video yesterday. He abuses the heck out of these optics at the 8:20 mark. In an earlier video, he threw it in a bucket of water for awhile and it survived. Here's a link:

tentech- Saw this video yesterday. He abuses the heck out of these optics at the 8:20 mark. In an earlier video, he threw it in a bucket of water for awhile and it survived. Here's a link:

Nice! Seems of better quality than the RXS series for sure, and instead of a 9mm M&P it's sitting on a 380 so I have high hopes. Thanks again for the video.

Nice! Seems of better quality than the RXS series for sure, and instead of a 9mm M&P it's sitting on a 380 so I have high hopes. Thanks again for the video.
Thought it might interest you when I read your post Let us know how it works for you, a forum member who purchased the product. Not implying the video tester was biased, just curious.

Edit to correct auto correct.

Last edited:
I'll pass. I do have a really nice, older Bushnell Elite 6500 rifle scope, but I have never been impressed by Bushnell optics. I know their TRS25 got decent reviews, but frankly there are much better options out there.
I also have & like the older Bushnell Elite 6500 scopes, and have good results with their Engage line.

I'll likely be getting a Match Pro for a 6.5CM upper later this spring.

I had good results with the first TSR25 RDS I got (it still works) but they seemed to change that model & the second one died quickly. I stick with Romeo 5's now.

My .02

I also have & like the older Bushnell Elite 6500 scopes, and have good results with their Engage line.

I'll likely be getting a Match Pro for a 6.5CM upper later this spring.

I had good results with the first TSR25 RDS I got (it still works) but they seemed to change that model & the second one died quickly. I stick with Romeo 5's now.

My .02
Yeah the Romeo 5s are impossible to beat at their price point for sure. They punch way above their weight class.

Thought it might interest you when I read your post Let us know how it works for you, a forum member who purchased the product. Not implying the video tester was biased, just curious.

Edit to correct auto correct.
I'll definitely report... One thing that already worries me is the recommended torque by Bushnell that is independent of the fastener size... 7 in-lbf on an M4 screw isn't the same as on an M3 screw, what matters is the preload required!

So now the dilemma is it 7 in-lbf for M4 and back calculate the torque required to reach the same preload with M3 or is it the opposite? Ultimately, on a P365-380 it won't make a difference, but on something with more recoil, that would make a difference. When we make our adapter plates, we always do these calcs with recoil formulas and even simulation to see if the screws will hold among other things...

FrXAKnEWwBgIia1.jpg

Back