testtest

A Cop’s Perspective on the Streamlight TLR-1 HL FDE

I remember quite some time ago, LAPD were required to wear white t-shirts under their dark blue uniform shirt. The white t-shirt formed a white triangle or bullseye at the top of the shirt. This became a officer safety issue and was eventually rescinded.

Also, before weapon mounted lights were created, the handheld flashlight gave a similar “target” the assailants would aim for when flashlight and handgun were gripped together.

I’m sure by now there are modern training methods using lights with easier on/off controls.

I remember quite some time ago, LAPD were required to wear white t-shirts under their dark blue uniform shirt. The white t-shirt formed a white triangle or bullseye at the top of the shirt. This became a officer safety issue and was eventually rescinded.

Also, before weapon mounted lights were created, the handheld flashlight gave a similar “target” the assailants would aim for when flashlight and handgun were gripped together.

I’m sure by now there are modern training methods using lights with easier on/off controls.
Training doctrine is essentially that you carry two lights, one mounted and one not. Yes there are techniques taught to reduce the potential for making yourself a bullet beacon. Easy on/off switches, movement, and small light size make a lot of lighting tactics possible that you could not do as easily with larger lights.

Back