testtest

Review: Primary Arms MicroPrism Optics

I saw these last week. Might have to try one out. I am not impressed with PA scopes. Hopefully someone here will get one of these and let the rest of the class in on the scoop. Maybe me.

Guess what? I run these on my MP5s. Mine are both green. Red dots don’t work for me on sub guns because they are too close and the dot gets a tail. The microprism is nice and sharp. I like the Cyclops reticle. The chevron is very easy to adjust the hold to compensate for different distances - particularly at close distances. Tip of the V for one distance, inside bottom of the V for another and the bottom of the legs of the V for a thirds. The other thing I like is the multi mount arrangement the optic has. You can set it up for just about any co-witness setup, height or physical arrangement. At $269 it’s well worth the money.
187140D2-50B1-4B46-9217-A94715D863C1.jpeg

How is the eye relief ? Is there any ?
PA claims something like 2-7 inches. Mine is somewhere about 3 or4 and I haven’t had any issues. It has an adjustable eye piece and I’ve been able to get it right in my comfort zone. I’d say my only real beef is the adjustments for elevation and windage. The slots are very large, supposedly for a coin or shell casing, but I never have a coin on me and a casing doesn’t work well and she screwdrivers I carry in my kit bag are a little too small. You need to have something with a pretty large head. Btw, @KillerFord1977 has tried it out and really likes it too.

PA claims something like 2-7 inches. Mine is somewhere about 3 or4 and I haven’t had any issues. It has an adjustable eye piece and I’ve been able to get it right in my comfort zone. I’d say my only real beef is the adjustments for elevation and windage. The slots are very large, supposedly for a coin or shell casing, but I never have a coin on me and a casing doesn’t work well and she screwdrivers I carry in my kit bag are a little too small. You need to have something with a pretty large head. Btw, @KillerFord1977 has tried it out and really likes it too.
I’m considering trying one. I just want to use it like a red dot. Both eyes open, not having to be too close to it.

I’m considering trying one. I just want to use it like a red dot. Both eyes open, not having to be too close to it.
If you don’t like it I’ll take it off your hands.

I wish the technology was there to do a pistol red dot using a microprism. I suppose it’s a matter of time.

Back