testtest

1911 ambi safety removal

TidalWave

Professional
Ok. I’ve got my Tisas Carry .45 and I want to install a single side safety.
Moving the lever to the halfway point - or any other point - hasn’t allowed me to wiggle it out.

Anybody know any tricks that don’t involve MSH disassembly?

I cannot assist, but why just a single side ?
Good question, and hopefully this’ll make a bit of sense at least:
- The Tisas stock ambi’s have rather wide thumb pads. Got me a slimmer one in ss (wilson). This is the Carry model (4.25” bbl) and I think it belongs to have a slimmer profile.
- They’re black, and the frame is stainless (it’s an added finish I think- not real ss). I’d kinda like to elim that & certain other contrasts. The extractor, hammer, MSH and barrel bushing are all also black. Don’t mind some, but not ALL those. Thumb safety & extractor are the most glaring. Bbl bushing is solved with my Ed Brown “match” barrel that came with its own ss bushing ( I’ve fitted the barrel already ).

Nah, I don’t havta do it. But from the vids I’ve seen, looked like a quick low-skill thing !!
-

Attachments

• AA44F004-5547-4CE3-8921-C98F9BAF5133.jpeg
    AA44F004-5547-4CE3-8921-C98F9BAF5133.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 123
Good question, and hopefully this’ll make a bit of sense at least:
- The Tisas stock ambi’s have rather wide thumb pads. Got me a slimmer one in ss (wilson). This is the Carry model (4.25” bbl) and I think it belongs to have a slimmer profile.
- They’re black, and the frame is stainless (it’s an added finish I think- not real ss). I’d kinda like to elim that & certain other contrasts. The extractor, hammer, MSH and barrel bushing are all also black. Don’t mind some, but not ALL those. Thumb safety & extractor are the most glaring. Bbl bushing is solved with my Ed Brown “match” barrel that came with its own ss bushing ( I’ve fitted the barrel already ).

Nah, I don’t havta do it. But from the vids I’ve seen, looked like a quick low-skill thing !!
-
Gotcha 👍
Good luck and happy shooting !

Back