testtest

1911 assembly

There should be a leaflet with every 1911 that shows how file a notch in the takedown lever to avoid the idiot scratch. Better yet, just make the take down levers with the notch. My Ronin had an extremely stiff plunger and sure enough joined the idiot club. I filed the notch and no more problems.

Hey, I never said I was smart, but I do get it...eventually.

lol how many wives did it take
Well, I actually married her twice! I know, some people aren't happy making a bad mistake just once.
The 1911 experience was in round two.
Thank God, He sent me my soul mate, after my own heart.
We have been married now for almost 35 years.

Like I said, I'm not particularly smart... but I am persistent.

And...God is merciful.

Well, I actually married her twice! I know, some people aren't happy making a bad mistake just once.
The 1911 experience was in round two.
Thank God, He sent me my soul mate, after my own heart.
We have been married now for almost 35 years.

Like I said, I'm not particularly smart... but I am persistent.

And...God is merciful.
Good for you dude glad to found your soul mate some people never do I divorce after 25 years and found mine we are very happy finally got it right

Sounds like some of you should visit this web site and make a purchase: Idiot Scratch Prevention Tool Official Website
I hope it's not too late! :)
i have a roll of some thin plastic that is often used to seal my windows during the winter. and NO, it is not like Saran wrap, that i could use, for this. i cannot say how thin it is, but it certainly is way cheaper than that website. i think the entire roll cost me $6.00 at the hardware store for like 10 feet of it.

i'd check at hardware stores first.

you just need function, not fancy-schmancy

i have a roll of some thin plastic that is often used to seal my windows during the winter. and NO, it is not like Saran wrap, that i could use, for this. i cannot say how thin it is, but it certainly is way cheaper than that website. i think the entire roll cost me $6.00 at the hardware store for like 10 feet of it.

You are certainly right. I use the flat sides of milk containers to make mine. I use a hole cutter to fashion the hole for the mag release button.

Good to know

It occurred to me that link I posted above was to a conversation and might not be able to be accessed. Here’s the info on filing a notch in the take down lever.

Basically the idea is that you file a small notch in the take down lever where it contacts the plunger pin. This allows the plunger pin to gradually be pushed back rather than being forced back. I’ve attached pictures that show what I did. It’s not the prettiest, but it works. My Ronin was a dog to reassemble because of an extremely stiff plunger. I did this to my RO too. The link below is a lengthy thread from 1911 forum explaining how to do it. I found that it went very slow getting the groove started but once a groove started to form it happened quickly. You will need a set of needle files to do this
1624638920525.jpeg
1624638945853.jpeg
1624638986351.jpeg

It occurred to me that link I posted above was to a conversation and might not be able to be accessed. Here’s the info on filing a notch in the take down lever.

Basically the idea is that you file a small notch in the take down lever where it contacts the plunger pin. This allows the plunger pin to gradually be pushed back rather than being forced back. I’ve attached pictures that show what I did. It’s not the prettiest, but it works. My Ronin was a dog to reassemble because of an extremely stiff plunger. I did this to my RO too. The link below is a lengthy thread from 1911 forum explaining how to do it. I found that it went very slow getting the groove started but once a groove started to form it happened quickly. You will need a set of needle files to do this
View attachment 18609View attachment 18610View attachment 18611
Thanks for the pics it helps a lot

Back