testtest

1911 Caliber Choice

I would have to choose 45. All of my other pistols to date are 9 mm. At the very least, I can pay a more complete homage to the genius of John Moses Browning. Good shooting!

I picked up two of the SA 1911 Range Officer Elites in 9mm to use in my training classes -- especially for women. When they look at the gun, the first reaction is disbelief, but once we explain that the weight of the gun will absorb much more of the recoil than the polymer sub-combat they use at the range (and they fire the same round!) and that the single stack grip will fit very nicely into their hand, it's awesome to see their face when they start sending rounds down range.

In all honesty, though... I'd LOVE to have one chambered in .45 because it's a 1911, but much like other posters, I try to keep all of my pistols in the same caliber. Something affordable to shoot and readily available to buy.

Today I traded my RO .45 for a TRP .45 which has my totals at 9mm (3) 45acp (2) and 10mm (1) so I would probably buy a TRP 10mm since my other 10mm is the RO Elite. I really enjoy the 1911 and it's different calibers

I would more then likely get one in 9mm, I used to have several 1911’s in 45acp, all Springfields, but due to an injury on my wrist, I can’t manage one in 45 anymore, had surgery to repair several torn tendons and reattached a ligament. I am currently looking at the Springfield EMP right now, like the way it looks and the way it handles, tried a rental at the gun range.
I have several models of the 1911 all but one is .45. I do own the EMP4 in 9mm and love it. Shoots like a dream with 124 bullets

Depends what its purpose is I guess. My SA Ultra Compact is 45, and thats one of my edc. My Magnum Research 1911 is 9mm, bought that just for fun, love it so much I bought another in 45 so its uspsa legal (9mm is bushing-less bull barrel).

Everyone may and will probably have different opinions on this based on their personal use of their 1911.
However, I personally like the 1911 in the .45ACP.
Reason being is the 1911 was originally designed in this caliber. So I feel the reliability is proven in this caliber. The availability of the .45 ammunition can be found anywhere you buy ammunition. Though 10mm is a great round. It's a hot load and would be best in a six inch 1911 only. Just my opinion. The 9mm though very accurate in a 1911, I just feel the 9mm would be better suited for a polymer platform pistol.
But as always all of this is just ones personal preference. What works for me may not work for someone else.
I very much agree with you my friend. Hence the 9mm G45 and trp in 45acp

Attachments

• 20191114_162028.jpg
    20191114_162028.jpg
    528.6 KB · Views: 220
I definitely prefer the 45 ACP. My first 45 ACP was a stainless AMT Hard Baller which I still have. That gun is a shooter. Followed that up with a Glock 30 in 45 ACP and recently got a S&W M&P Shield 45 ACP. I do carry either a Glock 20 10 MM or my Dan Wesson .445 Supermag when in the bush in Alaska as bear medicine. :)

I shoot 10mm, .45, 9mm, .40 and 38 super in a 1911 platform. Arthritis has become more of an issue, so I usually shoot my RO and STI in 9mm. However, a well-fit barrel in .45 caliber I find to be the most accurate of the five calibers for me. You can't beat the 1911 platform.

I just recently purchased my first 1911 a Springfield RO in 45ACP I have not shot it much but plan to put rounds through it this weekend and not ready to buy another handgun right now. For me I’m waiting for the Saint Victor Pistol PDW in 5.56.
Congrats on your new toy.
I bought the same for my first 1911 two years ago.
It makes me look like a real shooter.

IMG_20180122_125735306 (1).jpg

Back