testtest

1911 extractor replacement

Michael Ellias

Alpha
Founding Member
I contacted Springfield Customer Service on 11/1/2021 to inquire about purchasing replacement extractors for for my TRP, Range Officer and EMP 3". I was told SA does not sell these parts and if I wanted my extractor(s) replaced, the slide would have to be sent to SA for them to replace. The rep stated that only they could ensure proper tensioning. This seems odd. I understand extractor tensioning must be done carefully and precisely but the methodology is not too difficult. I'm considering buying extractors for my TRP and RO form Wilson Combat and installing myself, however I can't find extractors for the EMP.
Any thoughts?

No ideal for the EMP, but on the others, the Wilson extractors are good ones, there really not all that hard to adjust, I was instructed that when you have the slide disassembled like for cleaning, place a live round under the extractor and set the slide up and down, if it’s adjusted right, the round will not fall out, that’s how I do them, but others may give you different instructions.

No ideal for the EMP, but on the others, the Wilson extractors are good ones, there really not all that hard to adjust, I was instructed that when you have the slide disassembled like for cleaning, place a live round under the extractor and set the slide up and down, if it’s adjusted right, the round will not fall out, that’s how I do them, but others may give you different instructions.
Thanks for the very quick response. I agree that the full size 1911 extractor replacement is pretty straight-forward; it's finding one for my EMP that seems to be a problem. I fear that its extractor is properly a SA proprietary part. I may be forced to send the slide to them.

Thanks for the very quick response. I agree that the full size 1911 extractor replacement is pretty straight-forward; it's finding one for my EMP that seems to be a problem. I fear that its extractor is properly a SA proprietary part. I may be forced to send the slide to them.
Sad, but more then likely true.

Midwest Gunworks has them listed but are currently out of stock-
I don't know why they will not sell you one at Springfield Armory-I purchased one from them a couple of years ago-maybe their sales have changed-

Back