testtest

1911 for Home Defense — The Best Choice?

100%

I rarely go to the range just to put holes in paper anymore, unless I'm checking zero on sights. I try to go to the range with a purpose, and specific skills I plan to work on, with particular drills. Sometimes, that may mean that I only shoot a box or two of ammo in a range session, but I get a lot more out of it.

I'm also lucky that I belong to an outdoor range that allows for holster work, drawing from concealment, etc. They also have an "open bay" that I can set up however I want with different obstacles, etc. to work on movement.
When I go to the range I'm doing one of two things. Zero'ing a new optic/firearm or running drills. Occasionally I might break out a rifle and plink on steel at 250 yards.

I’m continually amazed at folks who’ll get a weapon, burn a few magazines through it and then feel they’re “good to go”. Shooting is a perishable skill-you use it or lose it. Doesn’t matter how “good” you were back when. Unless you regularly practice your skills and abilities are not what they were., and the longer it’s been the more you’ve lost. If a person proposes to keep a weapon for self defense then they have a responsibility to themselves and their family to be proficient in its use. Simply owning a weapon no more makes you skilled with it than owning a guitar makes you a musician🙄
You are correct. Unfortunately people do this with a variety of tools but with guns this ignorance can be deadly.

Y'all are spending a lot of time here arguing about capacity and having lots of bullets.
While my primary home defense weapon is the 8 round 1911 I posted on page 1, the other two guns I have strategically hidden in my house are both 6 shot revolvers loaded with .38+P.
Ya know what? I'm perfectly fine with that. ;)

Y'all are spending a lot of time here arguing about capacity and having lots of bullets.
While my primary home defense weapon is the 8 round 1911 I posted on page 1, the other two guns I have strategically hidden in my house are both 6 shot revolvers loaded with .38+P.
Well it's the same old same old. Everything ain't for everybody. I'm not going into what I have staged around my house, but none of them are revolvers or 1911s and half of them aren't even pistols.

I guess I don't really see an "argument" happening about it. But if it's not something I have to carry, and it's staged in my home, then what's the downside to additional capacity? It's a sincere question.

I don't ever plan to be in a fair fight. I'll stack the odds in my favor every chance it get.

I guess I don't really see an "argument" happening about it. But if it's not something I have to carry, and it's staged in my home, then what's the downside to additional capacity? It's a sincere question.

I don't ever plan to be in a fair fight. I'll stack the odds in my favor every chance it get.

And why shouldn’t it be a shotgun?

Maybe even a 16 rd. Israeli made semi automatic shotgun.

And why shouldn’t it be a shotgun?

Maybe even a 16 rd. Israeli made semi automatic shotgun.
I have a high cap 9mm on my night stand. Also have a short barreled 870 on the floor next to my bed. Depending on the situation, an example would be if an intruder is already in my home I'd probably go for the pistol. On the other hand if someone is trying to break through my front door I'd would greet him with the shotgun. These are just possible scenarios not etched in stone.

I have a high cap 9mm on my night stand. Also have a short barreled 870 on the floor next to my bed. Depending on the situation, an example would be if an intruder is already in my home I'd probably go for the pistol. On the other hand if someone is trying to break through my front door I'd would greet him with the shotgun. These are just possible scenarios not etched in stone.
P30L within arms length and a 500 about 3 steps away.

I’m not gonna go into what may or may not be out in the yard. 😉
1707171811779.gif

Got a Glock in the bedside table
Machine gun leaning by the bedroom door
Kevlar vest in the closet
Well, I wear it when I go to the store

Shadows on the window
Rustling in the hedge
Faces at the peephole
Footsteps on the ledge

If you come calling
He'll be mauling with intent to maim