testtest

1911 grip screw bushings

I would highly recommend this tool paired with these bushings. Your pistol will thank you.
Bushings shown are in stainless. Blued also available.
IMO these are the best bushings in the industry bar none.

All, I’m needing to install some thin/slim grips on a full size 1911.
Any special tool needed to replace the bushings ?
Thanks in advance,
T Wave
when i bought replacement aluminum grips from https://www.alumagrips.com/company

i bought the "special driver" as well.

Brownells sells it too.

it covers the bushing, to keep the screw bit from slipping and ruining the bushings.

when i bought replacement aluminum grips from https://www.alumagrips.com/company

i bought the "special driver" as well.

Brownells sells it too.

it covers the bushing, to keep the screw bit from slipping and ruining the bushings.
That looks good !
Get both slim and full size drivers fir the cost of one size of the extractor tool…
Thank much OM !!

To follow up :
Went with a pair of VZ thin “grenade” pattern grips. They are almost flat ! They grip so good I completely forget there’s no front strap checkering on the frame.
Used Swenson thin bushings and screws.
Challis tool was the fastest available I could get for removing the regular grip bushings, and it worked like a champ. Highly recommend, but I still wish i had the Brownells Magna Tip mentioned above.
Anyway the Tisas ‘fits’ me now and hoping my accuracy improves.
Do wish the VZs black cherrycolor was a bit lighter. Much more black than cherry, but you can’t beat the feel !

Finished product
To follow up :
Went with a pair of VZ thin “grenade” pattern grips. They are almost flat ! They grip so good I completely forget there’s no front strap checkering on the frame.
Used Swenson thin bushings and screws.
Challis tool was the fastest available I could get for removing the regular grip bushings, and it worked like a champ. Highly recommend, but I still wish i had the Brownells Magna Tip mentioned above.
Anyway the Tisas ‘fits’ me now and hoping my accuracy improves.
Do wish the VZs black cherrycolor was a bit lighter. Much more black than cherry, but you can’t beat the feel !
pic

Attachments

• 96B8710B-C0A6-4C6A-A135-5286DD71D95D.jpeg
    96B8710B-C0A6-4C6A-A135-5286DD71D95D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 115
Looks good! I prefer their operator line, like the fact that it feels like your shaking hands with someone that works with their hands.

Back