testtest

1911 TAKE DOWN MAGIC

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Here is one for all you 1911 enthusiasts that like to tinker with there pistol.

Last edited:
Was it designed to be its own toolbox, or is it coincidence that it can be?
I haven’t seen a thing - documentable - that suggests JMB designed all that into it beyond ‘ability to field strip without tools’ (or some such verbiage)…

Hammer strut is a cool idea but I don’t think much of using the sear/leaf spring for anything other than what it’s intended for…
My .02 😉

Here is one for all you 1911 enthusiasts that like to tinker with there pistol.

great article, but if i recall, the article i read about the parts of a 1911 being used as "tools", had to do with the soldier in the field (maybe the term field strip is derived from this??) was supposed to get his 1911 up and running with what he had for tools.....the gun's very own parts.

even the 45 ACP cartridge rim can be used as a screw driver to remove the grips.

for me, i have a toolbox, with many smithing tools for the various guns i have.

including honing stones, and tools the "little woman" will have, that actually work quite well......

for like removing trigger springs.

i posted these pics, months ago

1697714465779.png

1697714493178.png

It’s pretty well agreed that one of the top firearms inventors of the 20th Century was John Moses Browning. One of his finest creations was the U.S. Pistol, Model of 1911. Browning designed this pistol to be suitable for use by the U.S. military services, and in this he succeeded admirably. Although 90 years have elapsed since the pistol was adopted for service, it is still in use by U.S. military units, and very much in demand in the civilian sector. Less generally known is that Browning designed many parts of the 1911 pistol to be used as tools in its own disassembly and assembly. Even the .45 ACP cartridge itself could be used for work on the gun!

@TEXASforLIFE

i know, funny stuff, those tools, that the wife might use for her hobby.....

but i gotta tell you, when i was replacing my trigger spring on my 1st, then 2nd Beretta's, 92 FS...????

that tool, especially the one to the left, worked great. it got down inside the "channel??" between the trigger and frame with ease.

@TEXASforLIFE

i know, funny stuff, those tools, that the wife might use for her hobby.....

but i gotta tell you, when i was replacing my trigger spring on my 1st, then 2nd Beretta's, 92 FS...????

that tool, especially the one to the left, worked great. it got down inside the "channel??" between the trigger and frame with ease.
Looks like a "hook & loop"

Back