testtest

1911A1 MilSpec 45.

9XDe19

Alpha
Founding Member
I had purchased a Mil Spec1911 .45 in '19, and have to say that compared to my SW 1911 that it is a great shooter. My experience with it has been great. All of the added features larger ejection port, larger iron sites, and parkerized coating are all great in my opinion.

I don't own a SA Mil-Spec, but I do own several 1911s I've built up myself to basically the exact same specs--all-steel 5" fitted barrel bushing, 1911A1, hi-viz fixed sights, flat mainspring housing, straight 1911A1 grip safety, etc. These are also basically the specs of Jeff Cooper's old Gunsite Service Pistol (GSP) and they're pretty much timeless.

Come to think of it, I DO own an SA Mil-Spec--the amazing CO2/BB replica airgun. In fact, I now own THREE of them. I loved the first one so much I just bought two more because they're made in Taiwan, and I'm worried that soon they might not be available anymore, and I don't ever want to be without one again.

Here's my SA Mil-Spec CO2 gun with three of my "real" 1911s--two .45s and a .22 conversion.

1689195060550.png

I've got a Mil-Spec I bought new back in 2001. This was my IDPA gun for many, many years. At somewhere around 30,000+ rounds of 230gr Hardball, the barrel lug cracked. Springfield paid shipping both ways and had it fixed and back in my hands in 8 days. Its still going strong today. (y)

Back