testtest

1911's in tv and movies - why is the hammer always down?

I installed an SFS on my primary ccw, it’s a S&W scandium, it’s super light for all day carry. But it’s my favorite 1911 becouse of the safe fast shooting system!!!
Isn't it just super cool!! The RO/Instructor/Gunsmith that introduced me to it put his on about 20 years ago.
He told me that there were manufacturers that had started installing it on production 1911's but it jacked up
the price by about $200 and buyers wouldn't pay it so they stopped.

You ever also notice when on tv, there semi auto runs dry, you still hear the gun going click, click, click, every time they pull the trigger and the slide is still in battery, not locked open, even though the gun ie empty, or the best one is a silencer on a revolver......and they fire it and it’s quiet.
Isn't it Silencer in Hollywood absence of all sound. Suppressor in Real World..... a few DB's quieter?

Isn't it Silencer in Hollywood absence of all sound. Suppressor in Real World..... a few DB's quieter?
I posted this in another thread but forgot where. The gentleman from SilencerCo says it was defined as Silencer way back, and both terms are valid. I think he mentioned that a suppressor would lower the sound to that of a jackhammer decibel. You would still need hearing protection with 9mm & up. I seem to remember films with suppressors going like pffft. no matter the caliber. I think all politicians believe this is true. Hope the link works.

If smarter minds were to prevail we wouldn't have any hoops to jump through to get one. I'm afraid now
with the $200 fee it's a bit of a cash cow and will never be set free.

If smarter minds were to prevail we wouldn't have any hoops to jump through to get one. I'm afraid now
with the $200 fee it's a bit of a cash cow and will never be set free.
I’m surprised it hasn’t been raised. I should be quiet, they may hear me

Back