testtest

A Gun-Mounted Camera? Viridian XTL Gen 3

THAT is some cool kit right there.

I loveloveLOVE my Viridian R5 green laser, with the ECR instant-on feature. I draw, it lights - by the time the muzzle is pointed forward of my toes, the laser is on. No thinking. No fumbling for a button. Draw, place dot, pull trigger, make hole.

The fact they've been able to add that to a tac light with a camera, says volumes about the company. They've got some great stuff...and Alien Holsters makes a kydex shell for my XDs, with the Viridian, with an ECR button in it already. I suspect they'll have one for this unit soon enough, but the ECR is a simple button-battery-shaped magnet that you can epoxy into any holster; the light/laser/camera has a magnetic on-off switch that turns on when it loses contact with the magnet. Worst case, Viridian sent me a soft-shell holster (with a couple spare magnet buttons) when I ordered my R5 for the XDs. I'd suspect they'll do the same for this new piece as well, assuming it's gun-specific like my R5 (shaped to fit the forward part of the trigger guard).

THAT is some cool kit right there.

I loveloveLOVE my Viridian R5 green laser, with the ECR instant-on feature. I draw, it lights - by the time the muzzle is pointed forward of my toes, the laser is on. No thinking. No fumbling for a button. Draw, place dot, pull trigger, make hole.

The fact they've been able to add that to a tac light with a camera, says volumes about the company. They've got some great stuff...and Alien Holsters makes a kydex shell for my XDs, with the Viridian, with an ECR button in it already. I suspect they'll have one for this unit soon enough, but the ECR is a simple button-battery-shaped magnet that you can epoxy into any holster; the light/laser/camera has a magnetic on-off switch that turns on when it loses contact with the magnet. Worst case, Viridian sent me a soft-shell holster (with a couple spare magnet buttons) when I ordered my R5 for the XDs. I'd suspect they'll do the same for this new piece as well, assuming it's gun-specific like my R5 (shaped to fit the forward part of the trigger guard).
Yea as mentioned in the article they have an ECR upgrade kit you can get for any holster that fits the TRL1 streamlight. instantly making it ECR Instant on compatible.

Back