testtest

20 laps to go at Phoenix........ Larson leading but Truex closing

Larson holds them off .... he's the new 2021 Nascar Cup champ !!!! (y)(y)(y) You go Kyle !!!
28E308BD-B1F5-4D65-9809-728E17562827.gif

I've spoken with Kyle several times in the sprint car pits. He's a great guy as well as a great driver. He always spends time with the fans, signing autographs for them at his shirt trailer before the races and after the races in the pits. I saw him jump in a dirt late model in the Lucas Oil Series for his very first time in the car and win in a series that features lots off heavy hitters. If they could get the stagger and setup close on a refrigerator, he could win with it. Congrats Kyle!

…two hours of left turns ?!?
It’s gonna be a whole lot longer before I watch.

😉😃

Actually TidalWave, you're turning right more than left on any oval track racecar. The only slight left turn is for the entrance to the turn to get the weight transfer to the right side. after that, you make slight right steering adjustments in the turn to keep the rear of the car from coming around or sliding up the track into the wall. You're also making slight right adjustments on the straights to keep the car from turning left. There's a lot of setup adjustments to make that car corner smoothly and fast. It's not as easy as it looks. I've been a sprint car crew member for 45 years. If you want to see this in action, go to a dirt track near you and watch the front wheels in the turns or asphalt track in-car cameras, although it's not as pronounced as dirt, and you'll see what I mean. Maybe you'll enjoy it then, maybe not.

NASCAR - going around in a circle all the time, bumper to bumper, & waiting for the inevitable multiple crashes. And fake nooses in the garage.

Road racing is much more interesting.

My .02

Talyn- I enjoy almost all forms of auto racing including road racing. I got my start as a crew member from a neighbor who ran USCCA. I recently read an article by famous retired track owner Humpy Wheeler extolling NASCAR to shorten their events. I agree. Most of the NASCAR crashes occur on long runs when a tire blows. And yes, almost all auto racing is bumper to bumper unless somebody with a great driver, car, and setup runs away with it. Bottom line is, racing is not easy no matter what series you run. Sprint cars on the dirt half mile are my favorite by far. Enjoy the series you like!

Edit to correct auto correct.

Last edited:
Back