testtest

2021 National Firearms Survey

Recent survey on gun ownership and self-defense usage. All previous ones I have seen are from the 90's. This survey was taken during 2020

By:
William English, PhD
Georgetown University
Draft Report: July 13, 2021

Survey data from

Attachments

• SSRN-id3887145.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 146
Recent survey on gun ownership and self-defense usage. All previous ones I have seen are from the 90's. This survey was taken during 2020

By:
William English, PhD
Georgetown University
Draft Report: July 13, 2021

Survey data from
I would like to read this however I don’t accept “cookies” being installed on my devices.

I would like to read this however I don’t accept “cookies” being installed on my devices.
1641610424562.gif

How to get rid of cookies…….😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

Every website you visit has cookies or some other form of tracking/info sharing. You cannot avoid it. If it bothers you that much, get a good pop up and plug in blocker like U-block Origin (been using it for years) and set your browser (Hope you are using Firefox or Chrome) to clear all history, saved form data, and cookies everytime you close it.

So I assume you're on a PC then. You don't have virusware ?
I do everything with the forum on my iPhone and yes a brand new HP Laptop with high end virus software, I just would rather not accept to have “cookies” downloaded into my devices!
And no not EVERY website downloads cookies automatically. When I’m told by a website that I “need” to accept their cookies for the “best” website experience I move on.
I’ve been through extensive security training with the company I worked for who did exclusive business with the government. “Cookies” are the biggest wide open back door. No thank you.

I do everything with the forum on my iPhone and yes a brand new HP Laptop with high end virus software, I just would rather not accept to have “cookies” downloaded into my devices!
And no not EVERY website downloads cookies automatically. When I’m told by a website that I “need” to accept their cookies for the “best” website experience I move on.
I’ve been through extensive security training with the company I worked for who did exclusive business with the government. “Cookies” are the biggest wide open back door. No thank you.
Relax brother, you are certainly free to conduct your on-line activities how you see fit. I'm just telling you that as a guy who is married to an Apple programmer and a woman who is as skilled as any hacker, you can accept cookies from websites and prevent them from doing anything other than sitting there while you are on their website.

Let me ask you this. When you come here to TAL, do you clear your history/cache every time and then close your browser before going to another site? Or do you leave yourself signed in here while you are browsing other places? I can't speak for PCs, but I can tell you that with a Mac or an iPhone, that small act of clearing your history and closing your browser between EVERY place you go to on the internet will eliminate almost every possibility of anyone hacking you or putting crap on your device.

FWIW, if I am on a site and it asks if I will accept cookies I too decline. The problem is that most places don't ask. Including TAL. Every time you visit here it installs at least 5 cookies on your device. Including Google Manager, Google analytics and Doubleclick.net

Relax brother, you are certainly free to conduct your on-line activities how you see fit. I'm just telling you that as a guy who is married to an Apple programmer and a woman who is as skilled as any hacker, you can accept cookies from websites and prevent them from doing anything other than sitting there while you are on their website.

Let me ask you this. When you come here to TAL, do you clear your history/cache every time and then close your browser before going to another site? Or do you leave yourself signed in here while you are browsing other places? I can't speak for PCs, but I can tell you that with a Mac or an iPhone, that small act of clearing your history and closing your browser between EVERY place you go to on the internet will eliminate almost every possibility of anyone hacking you or putting crap on your device.

FWIW, if I am on a site and it asks if I will accept cookies I too decline. The problem is that most places don't ask. Including TAL. Every time you visit here it installs at least 5 cookies on your device. Including Google Manager, Google analytics and Doubleclick.net
I’m ok just passionate about cyber security. I leave myself singed in but swipe up on open windows so nothing is running in the background.

I just would rather not accept to have “cookies” downloaded into my devices!
I'm with you brother. I am a retired IT Analyst and have worked it at both the fed and state level. Spent many a day removing uglies from PCs due to cookies. Granted much of the stuff I ended up removing was the result of accepting cookies from sites of the www,bigboobs,com ilk but to me it isn't worth the risk YMMV.

Every website you visit has cookies or some other form of tracking/info sharing. You cannot avoid it. If it bothers you that much, get a good pop up and plug in blocker like U-block Origin (been using it for years) and set your browser (Hope you are using Firefox or Chrome) to clear all history, saved form data, and cookies everytime you close it.
DuckDuckGo is developing a browser that won't allow snoopers or you to be tracked. Been using their search engine for years, and love it.

Back