testtest

22 Magnum Semi-Autos

wmg1299

Professional
Due to the fact that I cannot find most of the popular pistol calibers in stores right now (.45 acp, 40 S&W, 9 mm, or .380 acp), I have been shooting my Rock Island XT22M and Kel-Tec PMR 30 much more than usual. Almost all of the major manufacturers have a .22 LR version of their most popular semi-auto line, but 22 Mag semi-autos are few and far between. I've always felt that 22 Mag is underestimated as a self-defense caliber, and right now I'm finding 22 Mag on shelves a lot more often than I'm finding 22 LR. Are there any other forum members who would be interested in a 22 Mag XD/Glock/M&P, or am I most likely stuck with just a couple odd-duck 22 Mags to choose from?

I’ve got a couple.22WMR’s, but they’re revolvers.

Would like to find a nice pre-lock S&W 48 one of these days.

The only PMR30’s I’ve had experience with were very problematic; rarely could get through an entire magazine...don’t have any experience with the RIA models, would probably be interested if they run well.

Did play with both the Automag and Grendel .22 mags back in the day...neither impressed me.

But I’d love to see a reliable .22 mag pistol come out. A large capacity mag (20 or so) would be a bonus, for certain.

Due to the fact that I cannot find most of the popular pistol calibers in stores right now (.45 acp, 40 S&W, 9 mm, or .380 acp), I have been shooting my Rock Island XT22M and Kel-Tec PMR 30 much more than usual. Almost all of the major manufacturers have a .22 LR version of their most popular semi-auto line, but 22 Mag semi-autos are few and far between. I've always felt that 22 Mag is underestimated as a self-defense caliber, and right now I'm finding 22 Mag on shelves a lot more often than I'm finding 22 LR. Are there any other forum members who would be interested in a 22 Mag XD/Glock/M&P, or am I most likely stuck with just a couple odd-duck 22 Mags to choose from?

Have you considered that the .22 Mag is an underrated self-defense cartridge for a reason?

I have a Model 9422M. It will knock that heck outta coyotes within a hundred yards. Coyotes don't shoot back. If my life were in balance, I wouldn't want the outcome to be determined by a .22 Mag.

My dad and grandad back in the day have shot several deer dead with a few very impressive shots with heckler&kock 22magnum semi auto 22magnum if legal to hunt deer with it would be a great little gun for hunting deer and maybe pigs

My dad and grandad back in the day have shot several deer dead with a few very impressive shots with heckler&kock 22magnum semi auto 22magnum if legal to hunt deer with it would be a great little gun for hunting deer and maybe pigs

It is legal in Maine to hunt deer with it. A couple of states even allow .22LR.

I would not be concerned using a .22WRM on feral hogs; I would NOT however even think about it on those Russian hogs in the Eastern mountains.

I don't have any handguns in 22 mag. I have 2 semi auto rifles Ruger 10/22 in 22 mag and Remington 597 custom build match barrel and trigger.

I’ve got a couple.22WMR’s, but they’re revolvers.

Would like to find a nice pre-lock S&W 48 one of these days.

The only PMR30’s I’ve had experience with were very problematic; rarely could get through an entire magazine...don’t have any experience with the RIA models, would probably be interested if they run well.

Did play with both the Automag and Grendel .22 mags back in the day...neither impressed me.

But I’d love to see a reliable .22 mag pistol come out. A large capacity mag (20 or so) would be a bonus, for certain.

I've had good luck with my PMR, but it does require the magazine to be loaded in the specific manner described in the manual to avoid rimlock. The Rock Island XT22M had problems in the initial run, but this generation seems to run fine. I highly recommemd trying the XT if you find one. It is an odd mix of the 1911's frame and single-action trigger, with the Beretta 92's open slide, but is very accurate and is a blast to shoot.

It is legal in Maine to hunt deer with it. A couple of states even allow .22LR.

I would not be concerned using a .22WRM on feral hogs; I would NOT however even think about it on those Russian hogs in the Eastern mountains.
Yea I’ve shot hogs with 22 long rifle hollow points goes straight to dead but here in Georgia shooting deer with 22 magnum isn’t legal at this time thanks for ur response I enjoy the thread thanks again

Back