testtest

Galco Miami Classic Shoulder Rig

I used to have this very holster and I agree 100% with everything you said about it. Years ago I carried my Ruger Security-Six in a Bianchi X-15 when out in the field training bird dogs. I was wearing it up to 10 hrs a day. ( concealed carry was not legal back then but if out in the wild hunting or training you could get away with it. ) Getting to the training area and back home , the gun had to be unloaded and in a closed case.

Then about 10 years ago I got the Miami Classic and wow what a difference. I carried a 3" BBL. Kimber in it and it was very comfortable. With the X-15 , after about 6 hours it started making the neck and shoulder muscles ache from pulling on them. The Galco holster was way ahead of the game in comfort.

If anyone has been looking and thinking about using a shoulder holster , I recommend you take a look at and consider the Galco Miami Classic.

1591032026009.jpeg

The holster worked for him, I have had mine for many...many years.

I have the Miami Rig specifically for long road trips, and my Para Elite Commander fits well in it. Beats a belt holster at those times. I especially like the idea of across the chest draw if I have to from a seated position in my pick-up. Being right handed, and a big center console just to my right side would make trying to pull from the belt an awkward proposition.

This holster was never used in Miami Vice. It was a great marketing name Galco used after the show ended to sell a ton of completely different style holsters than what was actually used on screen.
After the pilot episode where he carried an X-15 holster Don Johnson used a Ted Blocker holster for a while then he switched to the Jackass version which holds the gun at a much more diagonal angle than the Miami Classic. The rear shoulder strap of the Jackass attaches under the leather of guns barrel putting the gun at a 45% angle. Don Johnson also used the same style Jackass holster in Nash Bridges.
The Miami Classic attaches the harness at the top of the gun making it Horizontal carry. A thick guy like pictured in this article can conceal a 1911 in it but a slim guy, like Johnson was, would print front and back with the Miami Classic.
Every so many years Galco makes a special run of the original style Jackass holsters its worth waiting for one.

This holster was never used in Miami Vice. It was a great marketing name Galco used after the show ended to sell a ton of completely different style holsters than what was actually used on screen.
After the pilot episode where he carried an X-15 holster Don Johnson used a Ted Blocker holster for a while then he switched to the Jackass version which holds the gun at a much more diagonal angle than the Miami Classic. The rear shoulder strap of the Jackass attaches under the leather of guns barrel putting the gun at a 45% angle. Don Johnson also used the same style Jackass holster in Nash Bridges.
The Miami Classic attaches the harness at the top of the gun making it Horizontal carry. A thick guy like pictured in this article can conceal a 1911 in it but a slim guy, like Johnson was, would print front and back with the Miami Classic.
Every so many years Galco makes a special run of the original style Jackass holsters its worth waiting for one.
https://www.galcogunleather.com/about-miami-classic.html A pretty good read, if you haven’t read it.

I've got four Galco holsters. Two of them acquired recently. The last about a year ago. I've never seen the pocket U.S. Constitution mentioned by the producer. Must be a recent development.
That said I've always had a penchant for custom holsters from top makers. Since the first Galco holster purchased I realized I could save a lot of money and wait time without sacrificing quality and functionality. They make beautiful and durable leather products. Their shoulder holster is an especially superior product even exceeding the technology and quality of many custom makers.
Not long ago I bought a custom shoulder rig that cost less than my favorite Miami Classic II that has my preferred vertical mag carriers. The custom rig looked almost exactly like the Miami Classic with its horizontal double mag pouch but has a leather cross piece where the straps meet in back and I was impressed by the heavier leather that looks as good as Galco's product. What I found over time was that even though the custom rig was carrying a lighter smaller pistol and mags than my 1911 Galco rig it was more fatiguing when worn for an extended period. I think its due to the difference in the thinner more flexible leather used in Galco's product that doesn't seem to restrain movement.
Great article and video. Liked it a lot!

I’ve got a few Galco shoulder rigs; two MIami Classics (one 1911, the other for a 686), and an original Jackass for my P7’s.

They are super comfortable, and if I’m going to be going on a long drive, are my preferred holsters...wore the 686 for a drive out to western Montana a few years ago, never a moment of discomfort.

Back