testtest

Galco Miami Classic Shoulder Rig

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled Galco Miami Classic Shoulder Rig and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/galco-miami-classic-shoulder-rig/.

This post brought me here ... you may want to blur the tag on the Vette in the picture. Some of the Reddit jerks are wanting to find out who the girl is in the Daisy Dukes and white high top Converses. I filed a removal request with the mods but .... they're jerks over there.

Got a kick out of the throwback though. Miami Vice was definitely big back in the day and remembering the history of the Jackass Rig was fun. Everybody wanted one. Sleeveless pastel tshirts, no socks, linen jackets ... what a mess it was back in those days. I was in Italy for most of the 80s and they were all dressing that way over there.

This post brought me here ... you may want to blur the tag on the Vette in the picture. Some of the Reddit jerks are wanting to find out who the girl is in the Daisy Dukes and white high top Converses. I filed a removal request with the mods but .... they're jerks over there.

Got a kick out of the throwback though. Miami Vice was definitely big back in the day and remembering the history of the Jackass Rig was fun. Everybody wanted one. Sleeveless pastel tshirts, no socks, linen jackets ... what a mess it was back in those days. I was in Italy for most of the 80s and they were all dressing that way over there.

Thanks for the heads up, and glad you enjoyed the post. We've blurred out the license plate in the photos.

I have that rig and used it mostly when driving the limo on protection details. It has its uses. Mine also has attachments for a flashlight and cuff case. I was pleased to see the Miami Vice guys using them on their show. I think every plainclothes cop in the country had to have that rig when that series was running. I once loaned mine to a female officer who was pregnant and assigned to the front desk since she could not wear her usual gun belt. I learned to not run with it while chasing a suspect without the tie downs as your gun and mag pouches flopping against your sides will leave bruises. Now the rig hangs in a place of honor next to my retirement shadow box, and contains the first set of cuffs I got as a gift from my Dad 51 years ago.

I have one from the early 90s. still use it sometimes. it is the best shoulder holster I have ever worn.

I have one from the early 90s. still use it sometimes. it is the best shoulder holster I have ever worn.

Welcome to the forum BC!
Lot of good people and things here. - Is a good place to visit.
Have a great time and remember the few rules if haven't read them already? They're buried some place, like at the bottom lower right of this page.

On the Galco Shoulder Holsters? Have heard they work great from more than one person! Are some better, but at the price are hard to beat. Very good quality at a fair price.

Back