testtest

How Do I Work My New AR?

Good article.

IMO there is a technical aspect of operating/maintaining firearms ranging from easy to not. I know several folks that just buy something but then get confused on how they operate. I suggest they get help & experience, or pick a simpler firearm to own.

I will add:

when chambering a round, instructors need to tell new AR owners to cycle the charging handle with force. If you do it gently or slowly, it will not seat the bolt properly and it will not fire.

had a hunting buddy do this as he forgot to chamber a round and a hog stepped out. He did it slowly as not to make a racket. Needless to say, gun didnt fire until he recycled the gun properly.

I will add:

when chambering a round, instructors need to tell new AR owners to cycle the charging handle with force. If you do it gently or slowly, it will not seat the bolt properly and it will not fire.

had a hunting buddy do this as he forgot to chamber a round and a hog stepped out. He did it slowly as not to make a racket. Needless to say, gun didnt fire until he recycled the gun properly.
VERY true and a very important tip.

Back