testtest

3 Gun Trends to Look for in 2021

I see problems with building your own guns????????????You'll want more like, "I want my spudies" type feeling! New Christmas sign will read "Welcome To Build A Gun"! I do build within my own supplies(cartridges) so I'm not looking for anything new.

I agree with the first two trends, but I have my doubts about the customization trend for new gun owners. Most of the new gun owners I have spoken to wanted a familiar type of gun (ex. semi-auto pistol or pump shotgun) from a manufacturer they had heard of in the past. These people bought a lot of Glocks and Smith & Wesson firearms because they were available and there was a certain amount of name recognition.

I am known as a "gun guy" at work and in the neighborhood, so I have spoken with more than a few people about their first gun purchase. They all seem to have wanted a gun for security, "just in case". These people look at guns like another appliance in the home. They want a good, trusted brand, but I don't foresee a lot of customization in the future. I see almost all of these guns becoming the traditional "nightstand gun" or shotgun kept under the bed for emergencies. I doubt any of these weapons will ever have more than a few boxes of ammo fired through them, and doubt that any of the owners will be bringing their guns in for stipple jobs or Cerakoting.

I'm sure a certain amount of new gun owners will find they enjoy forearms and get into collecting or even competitive shooting. However, I think the majority of them made their final gun purchase when they bought their first gun.

I agree with the first two trends, but I have my doubts about the customization trend for new gun owners. Most of the new gun owners I have spoken to wanted a familiar type of gun (ex. semi-auto pistol or pump shotgun) from a manufacturer they had heard of in the past. These people bought a lot of Glocks and Smith & Wesson firearms because they were available and there was a certain amount of name recognition.

I am known as a "gun guy" at work and in the neighborhood, so I have spoken with more than a few people about their first gun purchase. They all seem to have wanted a gun for security, "just in case". These people look at guns like another appliance in the home. They want a good, trusted brand, but I don't foresee a lot of customization in the future. I see almost all of these guns becoming the traditional "nightstand gun" or shotgun kept under the bed for emergencies. I doubt any of these weapons will ever have more than a few boxes of ammo fired through them, and doubt that any of the owners will be bringing their guns in for stipple jobs or Cerakoting.

I'm sure a certain amount of new gun owners will find they enjoy forearms and get into collecting or even competitive shooting. However, I think the majority of them made their final gun purchase when they bought their first gun.

I don't know man. Every new guy with their first KSG on the forums is already buying a bunch of McCarbo crap before they ever even get the gun. And every AR build is highly customized. Then you have all the weighted comps and cerakote on all the Walthers and HKs.

I actually agree with everything that was stated as far as the trends. Fact is those stated trends are already happening. True indeed there were a lot of people purchasing firearms, however I disagree with the reason stated.

I like stock. Whether it's cars or guns, stock rocks. I say that because , lawyers. The mfr goes to great lengths to R&D what works, what doesn't work and how to keep it reliable and safe. The only thing I see needing attention is mag tubes on non-USA shotguns. A Benelli M4 should not be equipped with a 5rd tube. That's just wrong.

I bought my first gun this year - a P365 SAS. Since I bought it I’ve installed a flat trigger, bought a new grip module for it and replaced the melted take down lever and slide lock with the standard ones. Since that first gun in March I’ve bought enough pistols to kit out a baseball team and have modded every single one of them. I’ve embraced the red dot trend and I’ve added several “boutique” pistols because I like guns that look out of the ordinary.

The trend that I think is missing is putting 50 rounds of whatever’s your flavor to much more efficient use at the range as we try to conserve.

I bought my first gun this year - a P365 SAS. Since I bought it I’ve installed a flat trigger, bought a new grip module for it and replaced the melted take down lever and slide lock with the standard ones. Since that first gun in March I’ve bought enough pistols to kit out a baseball team and have modded every single one of them. I’ve embraced the red dot trend and I’ve added several “boutique” pistols because I like guns that look out of the ordinary.

The trend that I think is missing is putting 50 rounds of whatever’s your flavor to much more efficient use at the range as we try to conserve.
My point exactly, people have been in the custom gun game for years. Fact is America is the land of “make it mine”. You can get almost anything customize by the manufacturer when you’re purchasing. Specific to firearms, remember when civilian weapons were two color choices: black, or black with wood. Military footage introduced the average person to woodland Camo guns, FDE, cerakote options. We in the 82nd would use high temp paint, twigs, Camo netting, and leaves to mask the shape and type of gun. Now, almost every AR type manufacturer offers custom cerakote paint schemes.

One trend I see are civilians buying body armor, military LBE’s, military grade ballistic helmets, radios, etc.. everything I was issued serving in the Army. People are fully kitted out (full battle rattle) straight Gucci gear... for what exactly? I’ve seen hundreds of videos with civilians LARPING as actual elite military forces, running and shooting stationary targets. Personally, I think that’s a lot of foolishness, why pretend you’re in the military when you can actually join and wear all that gear for real.

The author of the article claimed people are buying guns cause of riots, that’s absolute BS. People are buying guns due to certain supporters of a political figure making videos claiming if their president doesn’t get re-elected, they’re going to start a war or randomly shoot people.

I like stock. Whether it's cars or guns, stock rocks. I say that because , lawyers. The mfr goes to great lengths to R&D what works, what doesn't work and how to keep it reliable and safe. The only thing I see needing attention is mag tubes on non-USA shotguns. A Benelli M4 should not be equipped with a 5rd tube. That's just wrong.
I don’t worry much about trends but I completely agree about the Benelli. I would most definitely own a couple of them right now if they had decent capacity. As far as I’m concerned the only defensive shotguns with 5 rd. capacity or less should be “Other”, like the Tac 13 or something. If it has an 18” barrel you can easily put a 7 rd. Tube on it.

Back