testtest

30 Super Carry Hellcat

Cannot really blame them. New cartridges have such a tough time going against not only existing cartridges but the thought process that they are a solution in search of a problem. No matter how good they are, like the .327 magnum, it's been fighting since it's inception. It's just hard for it because .38s and .357 magnums are so entrenched in the mainstream.

Last edited:
I do not think to 30 super carry will be a big hit. There might be a place for it but because of cost I think the 9mm will remain king.

Cannot really blame them. New cartridges have such a tough time going against not only existing cartridges but the thought process that they are a solution in search of a problem. No matter how good they are, like the .327 magnum, it's been fighting since it's inception. It's just hard for it because .38s and .357 magnums are so entrenched in the mainstream.
Agree but the 327 does fill a power gap between the classics... and provides an extra round. It appears their trying the same with this 30SC for autos.

Agree but the 327 does fill a power gap between the classics... and provides an extra round. It appears their trying the same with this 30SC for autos.
Exactly, but that is where perception and bias comes in against them. And need. Many people who might buy them already have, use, and possibly reload for the others, so it's harder to justify.

On one hand, I agree with you, because I love .32’s, and I want to love the .327…

But, when I look at it…the .327 offers, really, nothing. Shooting it gives the same sharp recoil that a .357 does, but it still makes a smaller hole.

I’ll probably own one, someday…but I’m not in a hurry.

Same thing with the new .30SC.

Honestly…rather see a nice 7.62x25/.30 Mauser comeback.

On one hand, I agree with you, because I love .32’s, and I want to love the .327…

But, when I look at it…the .327 offers, really, nothing. Shooting it gives the same sharp recoil that a .357 does, but it still makes a smaller hole.

I’ll probably own one, someday…but I’m not in a hurry.

Same thing with the new .30SC.

Honestly…rather see a nice 7.62x25/.30 Mauser comeback.
I agree, think the .327 is a nice caliber, in theory. It's in execution that rather loses me a bit. As you so correctly stated same recoil and muzzle blast as the. 357, smaller hole. Add to that I can buy .38 special or .357 magnum in every single rural gas station/sporting good store in the country and its mighty hard to justify.

Maybe one day I will try one...

Ps. Another vote for a .30 Mauser renaissance

Back