testtest

300 Black Out Sabot Load

SMSgtRod

Professional
Founding Member
Only loaded 9 rounds of this to test it out Tuesday at the range. It's a purely educated calculation for this loading
I think it will be rather weak. May not even cycle the pistol.

300 BO Sabot.jpg

Be interesting to see how they attack the target both the bullet and the sabot.

Load is 224 Hornady V-Max 50gr, Sabot is 6gr, COAL is 1.930, Enforcer 11gr

Update: Only fired the one round..... it was kind of a powder puff. So 11gr is way not enough.
Rather than shoot the other 8 I took them apart. Loaded 2 rounds each from 13 to 15gr.....
in half gr increments. I'll see how those do this coming Monday at the range.

Im very curious about the sabots. If I recall correctly, there used to be a Sabot Light Armour Piercing round made by Winchester. I heard they quit making them because they occasionally decided to go down the barrel sideways due to their length.

https://www.ar15.com/ammo/project/Ammo_Cross_Sections/M948_SLAP_01.jpg

Remington makes a sabot load for .30-30 and .30-06 called “Accelerator”. If memory serves, they have dismal accuracy.

Remington makes a sabot load for .30-30 and .30-06 called “Accelerator”. If memory serves, they have dismal accuracy.

I have seen them, never used them. After I read an article about the SLAP rounds in highschool, something about them being great so long as they were pointed in the right direction. Since most have a 1980s headstamp I thought it best to leave them be. Although, i think its just a balancing issue that could be due to the rate of twist. Regardless, at +$20 per round its better left a legend.

Update: Still haven't fired the increased loads yet. It is on the front burner for when I can get back to the range again.
I still don't think that any are going to operate the action.
Sorry I haven't fired them yet...…. they have been in an ammo can ready to go but I kept forgetting to take them. Now I can't go to the range. (range is open but I have to keep my outside contact to a minimum as the wife is quite susceptible
to the Wuhan Chinese Virus)......
I will take them first opportunity I get to the range. Promise.... if I don't forget..... I'm at that age!! :ROFLMAO:

Back