testtest

.32 H&R Magnum Ammo Info

Agree. I think the 32 H&R Mag can be used in a .327 Fed mag. ??

If so just need to find the right platform.
"Agree. I think the 32 H&R Mag can be used in a .327 Fed mag??"

Yes, 327 Federal Mag is guessing what could be considered the parent cartridge. Can use 32 H&R Mag along with 32 S&W, 32 S&W long & 32ACP. Ruger makes a few different 327FMag wheelguns, Henry make lever action rifles in 327FMag. Wishing there was more platforms too.

"Agree. I think the 32 H&R Mag can be used in a .327 Fed mag??"

Yes, 327 Federal Mag is guessing what could be considered the parent cartridge. Can use 32 H&R Mag along with 32 S&W, 32 S&W long & 32ACP. Ruger makes a few different 327FMag wheelguns, Henry make lever action rifles in 327FMag. Wishing there was more platforms too.
To better clarify the "parent cartridge" statement, basically .32 H&R Magnum is actual parent cartridge from where .327 Fed Mag was derived. That parent cartridge is derivative from other .32's though.

But, when having a .327 Federal Magnum revolver for example, can use the other .32 caliber rounds as mentioned above. But, not the other way around for various reasons besides chambering from my understanding. Pressure is a big factor. So, in that sense, .327 Fed Mag is the parent cartridge to the rest.

Information on the 327 Fed Mag is often buried, forgotten and unknown. And, sometimes namewise too because it's also confused with the 357 Magnum. 327 Fed Mag shares some of the stats with .357 Mag but with less recoil is one heck of a statement. Poor advertising recognition was some of it's biggest downfall. The full stats show .327 Fed Magnum cartridge fills one heck of a niche. It can also be used as a hunting round for game such as deer in in some locations.

Ruger is a company that produces many firearms chambered in .327 Fed. Mag. The 7 and 8 shot Ruger Blackhawk revolvers are some favorites. The 8 round BH was discontinued. 7 round BH revolver is still manufactured and so are basic 6 round revolvers. Henry makes a few leverguns chambered in that round. A semi auto pistol could be a lot of fun, but none are known to exist.

Another article that shares some of the same basic info:

I would go with a .327 for the versatility of cartridges.
Many people have and do, is quite a following. Guessing and apparently not enough to make round more common though? Is almost an underground / word of mouth approach that has been steadily rising once word gets out about the advantages of being able to use 5 different cartridges. Can practice w/.32 S&W shorts, longs or .32 ACP and then use 32 H&R Mag or .327 Fed. Mag for other purposes.

Many people have and do, is quite a following. Guessing and apparently not enough to make round more common though? Is almost an underground / word of mouth approach that has been steadily rising once word gets out about the advantages of being able to use 5 different cartridges. Can practice w/.32 S&W shorts, longs or .32 ACP and then use 32 H&R Mag or .327 Fed. Mag for other purposes.
If .327 had been around when I started, I may have chosen it over .357. But now at my age, will just stay with my .357 mag and .38 special options.

If .327 had been around when I started, I may have chosen it over .357. But now at my age, will just stay with my .357 mag and .38 special options.
But who knows, with arthritis, and what may occur politically if some get thier wishes, I just might end up with a pointy stick lol.

But who knows, with arthritis, and what may occur politically if some get their wishes, I just might end up with a pointy stick lol.
Part of the interest and advantages some may have is with it's lower recoil. Arthritis or other hand, recoil sensitivity issues came to mind with other larger rounds. The normal advantages of .327 Fed Mag and .32 H&R Mag are many. Like smaller diameter than 9mm ammo. May be an ideal semi auto pistol round? The lack of local availability of either the firearms and ammo is sometimes detrimental? But, just found some .32 H&R Mag at LGS other day at much better price than online.

A couple more good articles on the .327 Federal Magnum:

Part of the interest and advantages some may have is with it's lower recoil. Arthritis or other hand, recoil sensitivity issues came to mind with other larger rounds. The normal advantages of .327 Fed Mag and .32 H&R Mag are many. Like smaller diameter than 9mm ammo. May be an ideal semi auto pistol round? The lack of local availability of either the firearms and ammo is sometimes detrimental? But, just found some .32 H&R Mag at LGS other day at much better price than online.

A couple more good articles on the .327 Federal Magnum:

They are a very nice cartridge, I will seriously consider them if I need to go down further due to my arthritis. They have many of the same advantages of the 38/357 with less recoil, and yoy don't lose much if anything performance wise.

I've been interested in some of the Charter Arms offerings in .32 H&R Magnum. Once the ammo market stabilizes, and Charter Arms revolvers start showing up on store shelves again, I may finally make the jump.

I've been interested in some of the Charter Arms offerings in .32 H&R Magnum. Once the ammo market stabilizes, and Charter Arms revolvers start showing up on store shelves again, I may finally make the jump.
Hopefully Charter and other firearms start filling shelves soon.
Have been seeing .32 H&R & .327 Fed. Mag ammo actually pop up for sale on line lately. May be a good sign?

Related, one LGS here said gun salesmen keep trying to sell him firearms, but he won't buy anymore until can get normal ammo supply regularly, because he doesn't want to sell any firearms w/o being able to sell a few boxes of ammo for it too. So, there's those thoughts and deeds to contend with too? Another LGS won't sell ammo unless buying a firearm too. Can't really blame the LGS's either. But, could anyways just for the heck of it? :)

Back