testtest

32 million background checks in 2020 and counting ..

I believe so, I also wonder if it includes states that if you have your carry permit then a background check for a purchase isn’t done I believe Texas and Kentucky is that way. I may be wrong.
I'm pretty sure it's a federal law that every firearm purchase from a licensed dealer is required to pass a background check. In some states a person to person sale doesn't require a background check. In Massachusetts if you buy a firearm from another person you are required to go through an online portal that inputs everyone's info including the firearm on record with the state.

Yeah the upside and downside of the NICS going on line. In Missouri you used to have to fill out a form at your local sheriff's office, wait ten days while they did a BGC and then you could go to your LGS and buy the gun. That was only for pistols. Long guns you just had to fill out the 4473 and show proof you were 18 years old and you could walk out of the store with it. Now every gun requires a NICS check, but there is no waiting period.

32 million? WOW, I was working on a rifle for an older gentleman and he mentioned 30 million, and then made this statement: more guns have been sold in the United States this year than the United States government had produced for World War Two. Are there Any of you history buffs that are good with math that may be able to find out if this is factual? I don’t want to repeat that if it’s not right.

Maryland is one. I have a ccw, but still had to go through the background check/wait/fee process to get my Hellcat.

Yes, for those without CCWs. But I hear some unfortunates live in states that still require CCW holders to still go through the NICS check.
If you have your CCDW in Kentucky no NICS check is req'd, except at the PX where I choose to make my purchases. It used to take maybe an hour. Nowadays, it takes around two. Oh, and if you want to purchase a firearm at Rural King in KY, and have your CCDW, you still have to go through NICS there....because their corporate office is in Illinois.

Yes, for those without CCWs. But I hear some unfortunates live in states that still require CCW holders to still go through the NICS check.
I have an Oklahoma Handgun License for concealed carry, but still have to complete the required forms and NICS check.

Having an FOID card and an FCCL here in Illinois means nothing when it comes to buying a firearm of any kind. You still have to go through the back ground check and the 3 day waiting period.

If you have your CCDW in Kentucky no NICS check is req'd, except at the PX where I choose to make my purchases. It used to take maybe an hour. Nowadays, it takes around two. Oh, and if you want to purchase a firearm at Rural King in KY, and have your CCDW, you still have to go through NICS there....because their corporate office is in Illinois.
That’s what I was referring to, same in Texas when I lived there in 2015. That’s what I remember anyway.

I would suspect that if those states where a CCW holder is exempt from the NICS check for each purchase are factored in that the actual overall purchase count is higher than 32 million.

I don’t there’s to much to worry about, the senate is still controlled by the republicans, and you can only do so much with executive orders, especially gun matters, cause you know if they try, it will end up in front of the Supreme Court.
...but, are not they all supposed to be controlled by the Constitution? Is that the same Supremes that includes the wonder of Bush appointee CJ Roberts. He's working out grand. Fire 'em all, try them all, fry them all seems the path to follow.

Back