testtest

350 legend upper for the Saint

How bad is bear creek arsenal? I’ve seen some very mixed things but more expensive complete uppers are not in the budget
Bear Creek like PSA used to get a lot of negative press many years ago in terms of AR components but both these companies have came a long way and are now making reliable products. The in-house Midway USA brand: AR Stoner is made by Bear Creek. I don't own any of their products but I have good things from friends that do.

What exactly is needed? Never changed an upper for caliber conversion on any rifle.
Most AR-15 upper replacements for alternative calibers will need a BCG and magazine specific to that caliber. There are some calibers that will share one of these components or both like 5.56 to .300blk conversation which is only an upper swap. You will need a magazine specific to .350 legend but your 5.56 BCG should be fine to use. Some caliber swaps may require additional mods like a different buffer weight if you have cycling problems, but I think you'll be all set.

Here's an example of the type of magazine you'll need for your build.

How bad is bear creek arsenal? I’ve seen some very mixed things but more expensive complete uppers are not in the budget
I have a few of them and I like them just fine. Accurate and reliable. Pretty high round counts through them and no issues.

This 10.5" 5.56, off the cheek shoots fist sized groups at 150. That's rapid fire and I am not a particularly good shot.
zEsjT88.jpg

This is a 16" side charging .223 Wylde. I manage 1.5"-2" groups at 250 with it. Again, I'm not that good of a shot. I'm sure they are both capable of better with a better shooter behind them.

fQ2CLPM.jpg

Back