testtest

357SIG Reloading

That's the problem with the bullet/powder manufacturer's manuals. It only covers their products which really makes it kind of skimpy. Most of my bullets don't even come from them. That's why I like the Richard Lee and Lyman the best. M.R. Smith has some good stuff on line too.
Lee is vague at times. It will just state hp, but who's hp's for example. I have that book also and try too find what they compare it too.

The comp is for a pcc 9mm, but I tried it on my sig. I loaded some basically +p 124xtp and with the comp it would eject about 2" from the top. Without the comp it was a little scary seeing the slide during ejection! No sign of over pressure with the comp on, but off the cases showed signs.
20200223_015910.jpg

Have you measured the flash hole dia vs the decap pin dia???
I checked the 3 pins that came with it and all 3 are the same size. Just the sig cases (Speer nickel and brass RP) are the only problems, but same cases in other cartridges work fine. Armscore are a snug fit, but doable. In 1 review someone used emery too sand it down.

Hornady is sending me 2 smaller pins and replacing the other 2 larger that broke. I told them that I was on the MidwayUSA site looking for replacements and the rep of Hornady went on also and said that MidwayUSA had incorrect information. It's a + for Hornady on customer service. Both RP and Speer so far are the only 2.

I checked the 3 pins that came with it and all 3 are the same size. Just the sig cases (Speer nickel and brass RP) are the only problems, but same cases in other cartridges work fine. Armscore are a snug fit, but doable. In 1 review someone used emery too sand it down.
I guess they could be put in a drill press and brought down a bit with a file or stone
No I haven't measured, only inserted the pin in the hole. The sizing die rod won't fit either!
Just curious as I have never had an issue with a decapping pin being too large.
Hornady is sending me 2 smaller pins and replacing the other 2 larger that broke. I told them that I was on the MidwayUSA site looking for replacements and the rep of Hornady went on also and said that MidwayUSA had incorrect information. It's a + for Hornady on customer service. Both RP and Speer so far are the only 2.
I have found the folks at Hornady to be most helpful..... never a problem. Likewise for Lyman and RCBS.
I found an error on the Amazon site for a Glock part. Contacted the vendor and it was corrected same day.
I believe businesses are finding that happy customers are repeat customers.

Back