testtest

4.5 XDM OSP sights

Magneto

Alpha
I “may” someday get a red dot. The pistol has the suppressor height sights currently. They force me to aim so high that it completely covers the target. Does anyone know for sure what sights are compatible with this pistol? I’d prefer to have iron sights for now. Something like a straight eight and much lower than current sights.
thanks

On my 50ae I have to align the top of the front sight with the bottom of the rear sight and aim at the belly button just to get head shots @ 50 yards. Try the same thing with suppressor height. Might not be natural, but could get the job done?

I have suppressor height sights on a pistol and it’s not forcing or making me cover up my target. I don’t know what hold you are taking with your sights but it shouldn’t be any different than with regular iron sights. What distance are you shooting?
14c7015d2f497e4effa9391fca774778.jpg

In the above examples, XD’s are regulated to use the “combat sight picture”, or #3; the front dot should be on your desired POI.

Thanks for replies. I am aiming per #3 and hitting accurately. I would just prefer to change sights so that I could aim more like picture #1. That's why I asked if anyone knows what sights are compatible. Are all XD/XDM sight slots the same? So I can purchase anything that says it's compatible with an XD?

Really appreciate your input.

Thanks for replies. I am aiming per #3 and hitting accurately. I would just prefer to change sights so that I could aim more like picture #1. That's why I asked if anyone knows what sights are compatible. Are all XD/XDM sight slots the same? So I can purchase anything that says it's compatible with an XD?

Really appreciate your input.
They use SIG dovetails, so most sights that work on Sigs will work on yours.

Quick follow up question.... I'm liking the Warren Tactical 2 lamp sights. The ones for the XDM have a .245 front sight. But they also have one for an XDE/s that is .215 high. If the .215 high sights will actually fit on my pistol, do you think I'm pushing my luck to go with the shorter sight? Links to each: https://warrentactical.com/product/...set-1-lamp-rear-sight-and-1-lamp-front-sight/

Quick follow up question.... I'm liking the Warren Tactical 2 lamp sights. The ones for the XDM have a .245 front sight. But they also have one for an XDE/s that is .215 high. If the .215 high sights will actually fit on my pistol, do you think I'm pushing my luck to go with the shorter sight? Links to each: https://warrentactical.com/product/...set-1-lamp-rear-sight-and-1-lamp-front-sight/

It will make a difference, the .245 vs the .215. The .215 may and should work, for what your wanting to do that would be the choice for me. Dawson recommends a .225 front sight for the XDM.

Back