testtest

4 Insane Things You Didn’t Know About Popeye

BobM

Hellcat
A short interesting off the wall article about the cartoon Popeye:

A short interesting off the wall article about the cartoon Popeye:

Ok here we go, another thread on cartoon characters. Isn’t having @Annihilator on the forum enough???🤦‍♂️🤠😂😂😂😂😂

Neat article 👍. Always enjoyed the cartoons as a kid, but still not a fan of spinach. Back in '73, while deployed to the Med, we visited Barcelona, and lo and behold we found a fast food joint by the name of Wimpy's, and the sign even had the character's likeness in it. Needless to say, when off the ship we were eating burgers at Wimpy's. :)

Neat article 👍. Always enjoyed the cartoons as a kid, but still not a fan of spinach. Back in '73, while deployed to the Med, we visited Barcelona, and lo and behold we found a fast food joint by the name of Wimpy's, and the sign even had the character's likeness in it. Needless to say, when off the ship we were eating burgers at Wimpy's. :)
Hang on - wasn’t there once an actual burger chain called Wimpys? Or am I imagining / misremembering?

Ok here we go, another thread on cartoon characters. Isn’t having @Annihilator on the forum enough???🤦‍♂️🤠😂😂😂😂😂
1623511754392.jpeg

Popeye got me going for school every morning. Tom n Jerry, Woody. Good stuff, yes sir.
And with all that cartoon violence, I think I turned out ok. Watched the looney tunes too. Bugs n Elmer, Wilee and roadrunner
Got a little culture, a lot of laughs and even some values . Today's cartoons teach how to hate yer country and be "alternative "
I miss the simple times, they got swapped for simpletons. 🤭

My Mom always used Popeye to get me to eat vegetables. “If you want to grow up and be strong like Popeye, you need to eat your ____ (fill in vegetable here)”. I like spinach especially creamed. Heck, I even liked the school cafeteria spinach that looked and tasted like seaweed. Broccoli & cauliflower were a different story 🤮.
Good post Bob.

It would have been great if you told them at Wimpy’s: “we’ll gladly pay you on Tuesday for a hamburger today“ 🍔 ;):)

Back