testtest

.45 ACP Delivery systems, Old and New.

I never understood the ergonomics / grip angle complaint I hear from some folks... the two pistols pictured compare favorably dimensionally, and the new G41 has a clear weight & capacity advantage over the old Colt.

I never understood the ergonomics / grip angle complaint I hear from some folks... the two pistols pictured compare favorably dimensionally, and the new G41 has a clear weight & capacity advantage over the old Colt.
Ergonomics is an individual fit and feel thing. Everybody is different.
Manufacturers try for a grip for the average, whatever that is. Not everyone has the same size and structure hand. Training folks with small hands on a Glock can be an exercise in frustration. But I have very large hands and find the Glock grip cumbersome. Often described as gripping a 2x4. Many experience a good fit with the Glock, many do not. Sig understood this with the introduction of various sized grip frames in the P320 and the platform is wildy successful as a result. Modular grips helped tip the DoD to the Sig.

Sam Colt understood ergonomics when designing his first revolvers. He opted for a grip shape that most men were familiar with-the plow handle, which had evolved to the fit of men's hands over thousands of years. John Browning was also sensitive to ergonomics in his designs, resulting in a great hand feel with the 1911. But the 1911 was still a one-size-fits-all grip. I have to believe Browning would embrace modular grip frames if he were still around.

Ergonomics is an individual fit and feel thing. Everybody is different.
Manufacturers try for a grip for the average, whatever that is. Not everyone has the same size and structure hand. Training folks with small hands on a Glock can be an exercise in frustration. But I have very large hands and find the Glock grip cumbersome. Often described as gripping a 2x4. Many experience a good fit with the Glock, many do not. Sig understood this with the introduction of various sized grip frames in the P320 and the platform is wildy successful as a result. Modular grips helped tip the DoD to the Sig.

Sam Colt understood ergonomics when designing his first revolvers. He opted for a grip shape that most men were familiar with-the plow handle, which had evolved to the fit of men's hands over thousands of years. John Browning was also sensitive to ergonomics in his designs, resulting in a great hand feel with the 1911. But the 1911 was still a one-size-fits-all grip. I have to believe Browning would embrace modular grip frames if he were still around.
Yeah, I understand ergonomics... the strange thing is that both the full size Colt and G41 feel about the same in my hands.

While it doesn't have the trigger of a good 1911, it does have a very smooth and reasonably light DA trigger, and the SA is excellent. It also has never choked on anything I've fed it. My P220 Combat.

P220 Combat.jpeg

All I know is I wanted to love me some Glocks. Went and checked out every Glock in this city and not a single one felt good in my hands. That is until I checked out a Shadow Systems Glock clone with interchangeable grip modules and it had a 1911 grip module. Are you saying that the G-41 has a 1911 grip angle ?

All I know is I wanted to love me some Glocks. Went and checked out every Glock in this city and not a single one felt good in my hands. That is until I checked out a Shadow Systems Glock clone with interchangeable grip modules and it had a 1911 grip module. Are you saying that the G-41 has a 1911 grip angle ?
I wouldn't say that as I have the g21 and g41 and can't shoot a 1911 for :poop: ! Thought the cartridge was a pile of crap until I shot with the g21. 11 of 13 in a 1.5" wide stake at 15 yards of 1st mag (WWB 230fmj). Some other companies state their grip angle is 1911 style and I own a few from those companies, but no way they're the same angle as a 1911.

If I was given a Glock, of any flavor, I would sell it. I just cannot abide the feel of them, in my hands. I have tried, numerous times to like them, without success. This has no bearing on my recognition of them as fine reliable choices, for others.
The only way I like a Glock is when it's wrapped in a P80 frame. The Glock itself is a fine gun, but it's grip angle just ruins it.
Take all of the Glock internal parts, put them in a P80 frame and it gives you the dependability of a Glock, and it's comfortable to shoot too.

Just tracked down another one, in excellent condition. Arrived today. West German made, 1995, in the original box with paperwork. Sent to the Sig Custom shop last year for SRT trigger install, X-Ray sights, slide refinish and once-over. Feels like a brand new gun.

View attachment 37769
Looks like you got lucky and found a good one. Congratulations.

It's a shame Sig stopped making the P220 Carry model. Other than the low round capacity, it's just about perfect. I guess the polymer wonders and their lower prices and higher round capacity were just too much competition for it.

I don't care though. It just makes me appreciate my P220 DA/SA Legion Carry even more.

Looks like you got lucky and found a good one. Congratulations.

It's a shame Sig stopped making the P220 Carry model. Other than the low round capacity, it's just about perfect. I guess the polymer wonders and their lower prices and higher round capacity were just too much competition for it.

I don't care though. It just makes me appreciate my P220 DA/SA Legion Carry even more.
“Lower round capacity”…

As opposed to what other kind of lower capacity?

It’s like saying “lower grain weight” when referring to bullets…does one refer to a “lower ounce weight” when buying a steak?

“Lower round capacity”…

As opposed to what other kind of lower capacity?

It’s like saying “lower grain weight” when referring to bullets…does one refer to a “lower ounce weight” when buying a steak?
A P220 Carry in 45 ACP only has an eight round capacity while most polymer 45s can hold a lot more cartridges, with some up to 15 rounds.

Make sense now?

A P220 Carry in 45 ACP only has an eight round capacity while most polymer 45s can hold a lot more cartridges, with some up to 15 rounds.

Make sense now?

You miss my point.

“Round capacity” is redundant.

As I said, what else besides the amount of rounds in the magazine would be “lower capacity”?

Less sights? Less grips? Less triggers?

Back