testtest

5.56x45 question

Hello. I am a relatively new Saint Victor owner. I have been trying to find a good supplier for ammunition. But to order right, there is a difference between 5.56 NATO and 5.56x45 NATO. While mine says on the barrel 5.56 NATO 1/8, I want to make sure there is not problem with the x45 and differences in pressures in the Saint Victors. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello. I am a relatively new Saint Victor owner. I have been trying to find a good supplier for ammunition. But to order right, there is a difference between 5.56 NATO and 5.56x45 NATO. While mine says on the barrel 5.56 NATO 1/8, I want to make sure there is not problem with the x45 and differences in pressures in the Saint Victors. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Both are the same ammo, the 1/8 it mentions is referring to the rifle twist rate. On the ammo, they just didn’t stamp the whole wording, 5.56 NATO and what you found the 5.56x45 NATO are the same.

And since the barrel is marked 5.56, you can also use .223 Rem ammo in your St. Victor firearm as well. 5.56 is just a higher pressure cartridge requiring the barrel to be able to handle that. Therefore it also can handle the lower pressure .223 Rem cartridge. Good luck with your new St. Victor firearm.

Back