testtest

5 Best Riflescopes Under $200.00

Unfortunately ( and this is off topic a bit) if you want to shoot long distance, like 1000 yards plus, you’re most likely going to pay more for the glass than you did the gun.
Yes I understand that but I don't shoot long distances. I hunt with rifles and keep my shots within 300 yds most are within 100 yds. I mostly hunt in the woods.

I may get laughed at here, but when I hunted I used Tasco scopes, I couldn’t see going out with an expensive scope and then banging it off a tree or dropping the rifle. They worked fine for what I needed then.

Yes I understand that but I don't shoot long distances. I hunt with rifles and keep my shots within 300 yds most are within 100 yds. I mostly hunt in the woods.

All my scoped hunting rifles except the BAR have inexpensive 3-9X40s on them. In southern Missouri a 100 yd. shot is rare. I hunt acorn eating ridge runners mostly. Usually with a pistol. Sometimes with scoped lever action 30-30s.

I may get laughed at here, but when I hunted I used Tasco scopes, I couldn’t see going out with an expensive scope and then banging it off a tree or dropping the rifle. They worked fine for what I needed then.
I have a Simmons 44 MAG scope on my Remington Model 700, and it works great. At the time of purchase, it was under a $100. I bought it on recommendation from an Army buddy who used the same model for his hunts all over Alaska. He said he beat the crap out of his and it always held zero. When I hunted, I would go to the range each preseason and fire a three round group to verify the zero. One guy remarked "That's it, three rounds?" I replied, when it's zeroed, it's zeroed.

Mine was always on years after years too. Never had a problem with it on a Rem 7600. I hunted with it for around 15 years. Still have it.

BARSKA AO Varmint Hunter Mil-Dot Riflescope, smth about $110 on Amazon.

BUT...this scope works if you are going to war with that pesky pests on your backyard. Because it has very poor low light performance and no zero stop. Yup.
This scope is far from being the top of the price range in scopes, as long as the view is good and all is clear when lookin thru the scope then the varmints that you are shooting don't know anyhow...It's when you can pull down on them at 200 (+)yards and hit the target, that's the pleasure of shooting....So far so good....I guess the first time I drop it and it stays on line of sight where sighted will tell good or bad..

There is some Tasco models that bring a premium used price-the Tascos with Japanese glass I understand are very clear.

I was going to say the earlier Tasco scopes were not bad at all. I have stated that I love Vortex Optics. The Diamondback is a very good low end scope. The Viper series is all my shooing will need, in the Vortex line. Bushnell Elite makes good scopes as well.

Back