testtest

5 Reasons Why a Springfield Hellcat Should Be Your First Handgun

Wasn’t the first pistol I bought, but it was the first new one I bought and I’m very happy with my hellcat pro. If I have any complaint, the trigger guard is smaller slightly than compared to what I had previously, but it’s a minor quibble

I would agree with the experienced people on here, a compact handgun is far from the ideal first handgun. I understand that some people only plan to buy one gun and need it for carry purposes, but newbies really need to start on a more stable platform and learn all the ins and outs of gun usage and ownership. Like others mentioned a .22LR or even a .380 in a medium sized or larger handgun would be a good starting point, mine was a .22LR at bootcamp in San Diego for the USN.

Taking a break fr my SIGs and Glocks, factory trained LE armorer for Glocks and SIG 2xx series pistols. HellCat Pro arrived new in box, w/o the proper allen wrench to remove the optics plate to install the RMR. WHEN we are paying more than $500 for a pistol, it SHOULD come with the tool for doing optics installs; a ,53 cent allen wrench. THIS is the lack of QC crap that turns NOOBs off. Waiting for a response from SA CS; where did they hide the wrench in the kit/bundle? What is it, what size is it? I have about 200 allen wrenches; 2mm is too small, 2.5 mm is too big, ........WTF? OK, in RTFM I see it's a Torx wrench; Yo SA, how much is it to include one in the kit/bundle? You got a huge problem here for noobs/Zillenials/whoever you want as a "new gun owner" to stick around....

Last edited by a moderator:
I found the grips rubbing rough on hands after prolonged shooting, so I wear a glove, but love the gun!
Try a hoag grip sleeve for the gun it still makes it tacky and easy to hold onto without the sandpaper feeling and adds a little bit of a palm swell which I personally like because the guns a little thin for me.

Taking a break fr my SIGs and Glocks, factory trained LE armorer for Glocks and SIG 2xx series pistols. HellCat Pro arrived new in box, w/o the proper allen wrench to remove the optics plate to install the RMR. WHEN we are paying more than $500 for a pistol, it SHOULD come with the tool for doing optics installs; a ,53 cent allen wrench. THIS is the lack of QC crap that turns NOOBs off. Waiting for a response from SA CS; where did they hide the wrench in the kit/bundle? What is it, what size is it? I have about 200 allen wrenches; 2mm is too small, 2.5 mm is too big, ........WTF? OK, in RTFM I see it's a Torx wrench; Yo SA, how much is it to include one in the kit/bundle? You got a huge problem here for noobs/Zillenials/whoever you want as a "new gun owner" to stick around....
In my experience, the few of mine that did come with a “ wrench” were inadequate for properly mounting the optic anyway since they don’t fit in a torque driver.

They’re almost always T-10. Do yourself a favor and invest in a torque driver and a good set of gun smithing bits. And a set of quality forged actual torx drivers for removal.

Back