testtest

5 Tips to Improve Your Shooting Skills

I generally run the 3x5 drill to get myself warmed up at the range. It's good for your head because you start at 3 yds - and let's face it, at 3 yds you can spit a bullet through the center of the card. So you start off with a nice perfectly placed hole dead in the center of the card and then you go out to 25 yds and back. Somewhere around 15 yds out you start questioning whether you really could be a paid assassin. When you run the course and the card is back at 3 yds you realize that you have a very nice collection of well placed shots with a couple of odd flyers.

Sometimes I go to the range and don't warm up and start throwing shots downrange at 3inch splatterburst targets 20-25 yds away and if I don't see a yellow hit in my first couple of shots it kills my mojo. Or worse, the first shot is dead center - so I must be good, right - and then the rest of the mag seems incapable of following its sibling anywhere near the target. I might as well pack up and go home when that happens. The 3x5 drill saves me from myself. In fact, I shot it at the range this afternoon and totally made up for walking out of the range with a black cloud over my head yesterday!

Back