testtest

6 months later…where is the SA-35?

neil0311

Master Class
I’ve been going back and forth about buying an SA-35, but the decision seems to have been made for me.

What’s up with Springfield Armory? Are they having manufacturing issues? Are the rumors of extractor issues true and they’ve stopped making them in order to fix the problem?

Why can’t we buy these pistols?

Last edited:
I’ve been going back and forth about buying an SA-35, but the decision seems to have been made for me.

What’s up with Springfield Armory? Are they having manufacturing issues? Are the rumors of extractor issues true and they’ve stopped making them in order to fix the problem?

Why can we not buy these pistols?
Perhaps all of the above. They are not impossible to find however, a couple members have found them on the shelves quite recently.

Personally I wait at least a year on most new product lines to let the kinks get worked out.

There are 32 on GB.

Also, there's a selection of Girsan MC P35 version (Mk.III clone), and of course a variety of the original FN/Brownings.

i have a deposit on one, since March 2nd.

still waiting here, and i will not go to gunbroker and get into a stupid bidding war for one. as it is, my LGS IS selling them for full retail.

Yeah, was wondering if that was the reason for the constrained inventory. Maybe I’ll just pay double for one of the new FNs.
The new FNs are basically a High-Power in name only. Other than an "outside" similarity, there's basically no cross compatibility, aside from ammo, with the original BHP.

But if you want an original BHP at a lesser price than the "new" FN High-Power, Mach1 Arsenal on Gunbroker has a long history of bringing LEO/Corrections officer BHPs in from Israel.

I recently got an excellent + condition Belgium-marked Mk. III model from them at a price that was below MSRP when Browning stopped importing them into the USA.

It looked like it basically spent its whole time in storage.

They have various BHPs at various price points based on their condition after the Mach1 gunsmith does a thorough take-down and re-assembly of each pistol.

The whole transaction & business with Mach1 took less than a week to receive it.

My .02

Last edited:
Until they have taken care of the problems I would not consider one. Another headache I don't need.

well, as i mentioned, i put a deposit on one back on the 2nd of March. maybe waiting is a good thing, as more will be in product and corrections made to the problems of extraction?

i am hoping for a serial numbered one above 5,000.

so even though i hate waiting, this i can wait for.

and i will not buy one on any online auction.

Back