testtest

Review: Vortex AMG UH-1 Holographic Weapon Sight

I understand why some people like this type of sight. But IMO, along with eotech, this type of sight is already obsolete. The biggest reason being the short battery life, and needing to be turned on/off manually. Lots of competitors offer similar reticles using LED tech instead of holographic tech, and have multi year battery life as a result. A couple are even battery free (acog, meprolight)! Not to mention, in terms of size and weight, these large window sights are getting really close to LPVO.

My pet peeve about any electronic optic is having to turn it on/off. I have a Vortex Venom on a Q5, which is strictly a range gun. I like the sight, but I would never put it on a carry pistol.

I have Romeo 5s on nearly long gun I have bought in the last 2 years. And I'm putting another one on an AR pistol I just put together. Other than being Chinese I haven't been able to find anything I don't like about the Romeo 5.

My pet peeve about any electronic optic is having to turn it on/off. I have a Vortex Venom on a Q5, which is strictly a range gun. I like the sight, but I would never put it on a carry pistol.

I have Romeo 5s on nearly long gun I have bought in the last 2 years. And I'm putting another one on an AR pistol I just put together. Other than being Chinese I haven't been able to find anything I don't like about the Romeo 5.

Sig Optics claims the Romeo5 is the best selling red dot in the US. I don't doubt them, I have 5 myself, and they really are amazing for the price. So much so, it's really difficult to justify getting something better without magnification.

Sig Optics claims the Romeo5 is the best selling red dot in the US. I don't doubt them, I have 5 myself, and they really are amazing for the price. So much so, it's really difficult to justify getting something better without magnification.

Have you seen the torture test video that guy did on one ?

My KSG25 has beat one up over 1000 times and it's still doing just fine.

Have you seen the torture test video that guy did on one ?

My KSG25 has beat one up over 1000 times and it's still doing just fine.

Are you referring to the one where they shot their example with bird shot and 22lr? Was impressive it survived and kept on functioning after that.

Are you referring to the one where they shot their example with bird shot and 22lr? Was impressive it survived and kept on functioning after that.
I don’t recall 22LR, but he shot it with 12 gauge birdshot. Also submerged it in water. Then submerged it in water and froze it solid. And threw it as high as he could in the air and let it hit the ground about 15 times.

Back