testtest

Everything You Need to Know About Red Dots

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled "Everything You Need to Know About Red Dots" and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-red-dots/.

Thanks Mike, Good article, very informative. In sight history, am surprised didn't mention the Norton Sight.

Great informative article. I really haven't experienced them, but have seen so many on the market. I now know that I want to get one for each rifle. (At least go physically check them out) Oh, and thanks for the article now i wont go into my gun shops and ask "uh what is that thingy over there".

Great article, I especially enjoyed the history. I've owned and used reflex and holographic sights, open, hooded and tube, red and green reticles for 20 odd years, and agree that clutter in the sight picture is distracting. That said, a circle dot is my choice for quick acquisition as well as being a guide for holdover at range and leading a moving target. I have had several dot only reflex sights, even an Aimpoint and a C02 pellet pistol with an integral reflex sight. I found them great for carefully aimed fire but was never able to develop the rapid pickup of the dot necessary for fast action. On the other hand, with a Holosun circle dot reticle reflex mounted to a rail on my Rossi Ranchhand .357, I pumped round after round into a steel, full size human silhouette at 200 meters, resting the bottom of the grip against my chest. While engaging the distant target, I interspersed accurate snap shots at clay targets randomly distributed between the 10 and 20 meter marks (besides myself, my son and grandson were the only folks at the range that morning). Everyone's eyes and brain are unique, but based on my experience, my money goes to a circle dot variant every time. I just wish there were some decent $200 to $300 sights made somewhere other than China.

Back