testtest

8 Top Micro 9mm Pistols

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Decent article on micro 9mm pistols, good variety selected, but in my opinion, the Kimber is to new and has a few issues to be included here, just my thoughts.

Many micros are pocket-carried...hammers not the best choice (for some) for pocket carry (pocket lint getting into the hammer + snag issues)...and CSX has a trigger issue or 2 that need to be resolved.
I could be wrong but.. .I do not believe as many people pocket carry a pistol, of that size, as some people tend to believe. Some revolvers, yes I do see it more but I just do not see it happening that much with pistols, with the exceptions of the ultra tiny micros like the Keltec 32. Most I see with pistols on that list carry IWB, with appendix carry very popular.

Add in the popularity of red dot sights on the new micros and I do not doubt it happens but not as much as some think.

Last edited:
I could be wrong but.. .I do not believe as many people pocket carry a pistol, of that size, as some people tend to believe. Some revolvers, yes I do see it more but I just do not see it happening that much with pistols, with the exceptions of the ultra tiny micros like the Keltec 32. Most I see with pistols on that list carry IWB, with appendix carry very popular.

Add in the popularity of red dot sights on the new micros and I do not doubt it happens but not as much as some think.
Fair enough, I carry a P365 in my pocket every time I leave the house. Jeans, shorts, khakis...appendix carry and IWB do NOT work for me personally. Got the holsters, all hurt like hell after 3 hours. If the clothing doesn't work for pocket carry, I don't wear the clothing. I could actually carry a bigger pistol (slightly), but this one works well enuf for me.

Taurus is number 1?

I think a certain writer was hitting the Don Julio when they wrote this…
I wondered about that, too…
And I was looking at Wilson site recently, they got several 3.1” options. SFX was one i was drooling over… But you almost never see those on anybody’s list.

I’ll tell you something: if you wanna be in the “gun industry” but can’t make metal guns, then make plastic guns. If you can’t make either, then make Kydex holsters. If you can’t make guns or holsters, then write articles about guns or holsters.

I wondered about that, too…
And I was looking at Wilson site recently, they got several 3.1” options. SFX was one i was drooling over… But you almost never see those on anybody’s list.

I’ll tell you something: if you wanna be in the “gun industry” but can’t make metal guns, then make plastic guns. If you can’t make either, then make Kydex holsters. If you can’t make guns or holsters, then write articles about guns or holsters.
Hades yes.

I’ll put my WC X9 up against anything on that list.

And crush it.

Hades yes.

I’ll put my WC X9 up against anything on that list.

And crush it.
I am still drooling over the EDC X9, Hans! Just can’t quite justify the $ when compared to other needs at the moment, lol :)…. But yeah, that was the kind i had in mind.
Now I’ve noticed that SFX series - haven’t read too much about it and wondering which is the better option…

I am still drooling over the EDC X9, Hans! Just can’t quite justify the $ when compared to other needs at the moment, lol :)…. But yeah, that was the kind i had in mind.
Now I’ve noticed that SFX series - haven’t read too much about it and wondering which is the better option…
You won’t go wrong with either.

It just depends on whether or not you want (and like) shooting with a red dot.

Flat out, though: the juice is worth the squeeze.

You won’t go wrong with either.

It just depends on whether or not you want (and like) shooting with a red dot.

Flat out, though: the juice is worth the squeeze.
You’re absolutely right. I’ve got friends that say they’d LOVE a WC except they cost too much. But at least a couple of those guys have a dozen+ plastic-fantastics…
I’ve told ‘em: “stop trading all the time and lay off the ‘latest/greatest’ for just a few months and u could have one ! You’re constantly buying, anyway” :)

You’re absolutely right. I’ve got friends that say they’d LOVE a WC except they cost too much. But at least a couple of those guys have a dozen+ plastic-fantastics…
I’ve told ‘em: “stop trading all the time and lay off the ‘latest/greatest’ for just a few months and u could have one ! You’re constantly buying, anyway” :)

That is precisely it.

I had, literally, a dozen Glocks when I decided I wanted a good 1911.

I sold a third of them to finance my Les Baer.

It was then I started to truly learn about “quality over quantity”.

I just got the CSX. I managed to get some range time with it this past Saturday. Roughly 150 rounds through it without any issues. From what I've read there has been some issues with the trigger with what they are calling a false reset ? I did notice that whim so to speak myself since I usually do shoot to reset. But my own experience opinion on the it is for me its not an issue whatsoever but again I've only shot roughly 150 rounds so far and other than the false reset I didn't have anything further on issues so to speak. I will say for sure that I still carry my Hellcat religiously and I am quite sure that if I ever even think about carrying the CSX concealed I'm still quite aways from that thought even entering my mind.

CSX has some trigger issues ?
Anybody have details ?
I measured a 9lb trigger pull on a brand new model at retailer (I did not, the retailer did it for me with his device). Also every review online shows the reviewer sensing a false reset, or a trigger-reset failure, requiring re-racking. I felt the same false reset in the shop. All reviewers said that Smith would likely rework the trigger in the near future. I'm sure they will (or have). Haven't grabbed a model since I picked one up at model launch (2-4 months ago?).

…good list, but let’s face it - it’s the usual suspects, Lol
😉

They also left many choices off the list as well which I pretty much expected. If one doesn't see the tactical need for high capacity magazines my first choice would be the Bond Arms Bullpup which was not on the list. Since pocket carry is not high on my list for my primary carry I also like several of the 1911 style offerings.

In the end, it is all what makes one comfortable.

They also left many choices off the list as well which I pretty much expected. If one doesn't see the tactical need for high capacity magazines my first choice would be the Bond Arms Bullpup which was not on the list. Since pocket carry is not high on my list for my primary carry I also like several of the 1911 style offerings.

In the end, it is all what makes one comfortable.
Interesting choice with the bullpup pistol...I haven't seen much (anything) about it except a customer has one and was showing off his (unusual) arsenal. 1911's don't work for me in the warm climates of Wisconsin (for CC). Open carry is frowned on here.

Back