testtest

First Look: 15-Round Hellcat Magazine

Lack of capaciy is not the only significant drawback of most compact pistols - lack of accuracy / site radius is also significant. It would be nice to have a "full size" Hellcat (Big Cat?) with a 4.5 - 5" barrel.

59324E24-4CAD-4698-8DF0-8958A3D85F16.jpeg

We have a roughly 1200 square ft home. An engagement with an intruder would likely be in the 1-7 yard range. This mag capacity increase is Perfect for our family. I can keep the 15 rounders in night stand and plug in while at home. During the day plug the 11 rounder in for conceal carry. Thanks Springfield for offering these mags.

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled "First Look: 15-Round Hellcat Magazine" and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/first-look-15-round-hellcat-magazine/.

Thanks for posting good stuff guys,
Possibly, with Hyve extension, if mags base plate's the same as other older mag, new mag capacity could be further extended?

Had thoughts of a SA mag exchange program exchanging smaller capacity mags for larger ones, but why? There's a need for all sizes especially smaller ones when dealing with concealed carry which is the Hellcat's strong suit. If nothing else, new 15 round mag would be good choice for backup mags. Options, I like options! Thanks for info!

P.S. A back up 100 round drum or belt fed mag may be over kill? But, maybe not? - Am kidding! :)

Full size XD height is 6 inches. Hellcat with new (15 round+1) magazine would be 4.75 (increase of 1/4 inch). Concealment with longer barrel would not be much diferent than present Hellcat with extended 13 round magazine as the height of the pistol is more problematic than barrel length.

The XD® 4″ SERVICE MODEL 9MM is close to what you describe.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a 4-5" barrel Hellcat.

I love Springfield pistols but this is just too much ! By the time you have the mag extension and compensator on it, then it becomes a “full size” you might as well just carry a xdm. The hellcat is revolutionary. Is it hard for some to tame the muzzle rise ? Who cares. In my opinion an EDC that holds 14 is plenty. Add one extra mag and you have way more rounds than you are ever going to need. Is this “tacticool” hell yeah but is it practical ? Yes but mostly no. Sure I sometimes edc my xdm 10mm but the whole point of a compact is to be compact 🤷🏽‍♂️

I love Springfield pistols but this is just too much ! By the time you have the mag extension and compensator on it, then it becomes a “full size” you might as well just carry a xdm. The hellcat is revolutionary. Is it hard for some to tame the muzzle rise ? Who cares. In my opinion an EDC that holds 14 is plenty. Add one extra mag and you have way more rounds than you are ever going to need. Is this “tacticool” hell yeah but is it practical ? Yes but mostly no. Sure I sometimes edc my xdm 10mm but the whole point of a compact is to be compact 🤷🏽‍♂️
Possibly overlooking some things? Caliber differences, price differences and commonality differences for starters? 9mm's much more common and less pricy than 10mm from experience. Your experience may be different?

The good point to me with the Hellcat mag size and capacity differences is that it adds some good old simple versatility and options to the handgun. For one example: Have larger or smaller hands? Just change the mag? That's a plus and an important function when carrying concealed because needs vary depending on weather, clothing changes and social environments. Another example is also can mean can carry same gun and in same holster more often.

Am seeing the different mags versatility as a good option and / or extension because it may limit the amount of handguns down to just one or possibly two that's carried for multiple purposes and reasons. Being familiar with many HG's is very nice, lot of fun, but the more familiar someone may be with a particular handgun the better it likely is for CC.

“ you might as well have a compact” is not necessarily accurate for everyone. You have to remember this is all subjective. As for myself there are only two scenarios.
I conceal carry and home defense. If I can take care of both with one and simply changing out magazines then it makes more sense to have one firearm to keep up with and secure rather than two.
So the 19 shall be locked in the safe and I’ll just switch out mags on my hellcat as needed.
53646D83-BEE6-4756-B6F0-34E6CAF9E0D5.jpeg

Back