testtest

Movie Misfires: Top Hollywood Gun Mistakes

One of my favorite Flub Ups, is to watch the hero/heroine pick up the weapon of a now dead assailant, check the magazine, and then head off in search of the next bad guy. They couldn't bother to take 10 seconds to search for spare mags? Especially considering that just glancing at most magazines gives you No visual clue as to how many rounds remain in it (usually it's AK mags that you see this FU occur). " London Has Fallen" is a good example. Butler saves the president, offing 3 baddies. Retrieves only 1 weapon and zero mags. A prudent person would take the opportunity to arm themselves and the president to the teeth.

One of my favorite Flub Ups, is to watch the hero/heroine pick up the weapon of a now dead assailant, check the magazine, and then head off in search of the next bad guy. They couldn't bother to take 10 seconds to search for spare mags? Especially considering that just glancing at most magazines gives you No visual clue as to how many rounds remain in it (usually it's AK mags that you see this FU occur). " London Has Fallen" is a good example. Butler saves the president, offing 3 baddies. Retrieves only 1 weapon and zero mags. A prudent person would take the opportunity to arm themselves and the president to the teeth.
I could never figure that one out either.

Even Dirty Harry has a flub. If you watch the bank shootout scene very carefully, you’ll notice that Harry cocks back the hammer on his M-29 while taunting the bad guy on the ground. After the bank robber tells Harry “I gots to know”, Harry points the gun at him and is seen to fire the empty revolver in double action mode. You can tell because the cylinder is seen to rotate as he pulls on the trigger. All he had to do on a cocked revolver was pull the trigger in SA mode.…….😃

In the case mentioned last in the article, I can more easily forgive the cup and saucer grip than the grip of the agent in the middle. His two handed grip would take a giant chunk out of his support hand if he were to actually fire a round. It is the kind of mistake one usually makes only once — twice if you are special.

My wife just rolls her eyes now when I yell at the screen, "The mags! Search the bodies for mags!!"

At least the John Wick franchise appears to be a little more on the ball with it's handling of firearms.
Keanu Reeves is a real life pistol competitor so he probably insists on some accuracy on the set. Tom Selleck is also a collector and shooter and it shows, he likes his 1911's.

Keanu Reeves is a real life pistol competitor so he probably insists on some accuracy on the set. Tom Selleck is also a collector and shooter and it shows, he likes his 1911's.
From what I have seen he is trained extensively by Taryn Tactical for the movies. I watched a video of him a Halle Barry training with TT for a john wick movie, they actually were doing very well.

Back