testtest

A Sight with Sting: HEX Wasp Review

Thanks guys for a very good review on the Hex Wasp.
When Hex Wasp 1st came out, felt it was the one looking for for a Hellcat OSP version handgun. It hasn't disapointed either. Hex Wasp's a well designed optic with better than average features. After looking and researching for what seemed like a ton of info on many red dots, Hex Wasp, with the one exception of battery installation, fit the requirements and that's basically a non issue with batteries typical longevity.

When Hex Wasp 1st came out, felt it was the one looking for for a Hellcat OSP version handgun. It hasn't disapointed either. Hex Wasp's a well designed optic with better than average features. After looking and researching for what seemed like a ton of info on many red dots, Hex Wasp, with the one exception of battery installation, fit the requirements and that's basically a non issue with batteries typical longevity.
Hey, Bob. Do you have an issue with the refresh rate?

My Hellcat came with the WASP installed already, no issues with the sight, I just can’t get used to a red dot, but that’s me, old man…..old school

You have to train yourself to bring the gun up the same way, to the same point every time. The tough thing to overcome with a red dot on a pistol is having to search for the dot. When you bring the gun up to the same exact position every time, where the dot is visible near the center, the rest falls into place easily.

That said, I'm with you. I am trained on irons and even though I have a pistol with a dot on it, I don't have them on any of my carry guns.

You have to train yourself to bring the gun up the same way, to the same point every time. The tough thing to overcome with a red dot on a pistol is having to search for the dot. When you bring the gun up to the same exact position every time, where the dot is visible near the center, the rest falls into place easily.

That said, I'm with you. I am trained on irons and even though I have a pistol with a dot on it, I don't have them on any of my carry guns.
See, that’s the issue I am having, been working on trying to bring gun back up to same place so dot doesn’t disappear and I don’t have to search for it.

See, that’s the issue I am having, been working on trying to bring gun back up to same place so dot doesn’t disappear and I don’t have to search for it.
May be where red dots sighted in at? Or, just luck on this end?
Adjusting red dot to just above top dead center of front iron sights zeroed in and fell right into place for me after adjusting red dot. You'll get it!

Last edited:
My Hellcat came with the WASP installed already, no issues with the sight, I just can’t get used to a red dot, but that’s me, old man…..old school
One of the most overlooked ways to get that dot to appear on presentation is a tiny shift in your attention on your grip.

Give this a try as you present. As you drive the gun on to target from compressed ready, progressively increase your grip pressure with your PINKIES. Typically as you reach full extension the dot will drop into place right where you want it. Those little fingers make such a difference in our shooting and most often we just ignore them!

let me know if this helps!

One of the most overlooked ways to get that dot to appear on presentation is a tiny shift in your attention on your grip.

Give this a try as you present. As you drive the gun on to target from compressed ready, progressively increase your grip pressure with your PINKIES. Typically as you reach full extension the dot will drop into place right where you want it. Those little fingers make such a difference in our shooting and most often we just ignore them!

let me know if this helps!
Thanks. will give it a try next time Im out.

Same here. I've shot a few handguns with red dots installed and I just keep wanting it out of my way...lol. Been shooting handguns with iron sights too long I guess. I've trained so long to make that front sight and my eyes match up so quickly that the red dot looks like a brick sitting on top of my handgun, I'm trying though.....

I purchased the Hellcat as I fired a friends and liked the way it shoots and the grip. For a 'micro' compact, this is one thing SA did right. I also ordered the Hex Wasp directly from SA and am very disappointed in the battery life. The literature says 65,000 hours. Not even close. I *might* get 1.5 months out of a Energizer Lithium 2032. Looking at other red dots now. Not interested in a sight system that may not function when I need it to.

I purchased the Hellcat as I fired a friends and liked the way it shoots and the grip. For a 'micro' compact, this is one thing SA did right. I also ordered the Hex Wasp directly from SA and am very disappointed in the battery life. The literature says 65,000 hours. Not even close. I *might* get 1.5 months out of a Energizer Lithium 2032. Looking at other red dots now. Not interested in a sight system that may not function when I need it to.
Call them get a return label. They know they got a defective batch. They will replace it. They have mine right now. It’s frustrating but they are a stand up company and will make it right.

Call them get a return label. They know they got a defective batch. They will replace it. They have mine right now. It’s frustrating but they are a stand up company and will make it right.
I'll give that a shot and see what happens. Thanks for the reply!

Thanks. will give it a try next time Im out.
For me as I was practicing it was not a dot to the left or right I was alway high or low, then I realized I was mostly muzzle high which caused the dot to disappear out the top of the housing, since I’ve zeroed the dot in and shot the gun with good groups I now practice making sure as I present the gun I ensure the gun is level
“not muzzle high” and the dot is centered every time.

Do they only answer phones? Because they sure don’t answer emails. I mean if your not going to monitor and answer the emails generated by the form in your contact us page don’t make it an option.

Back