testtest

The Evolution of U.S. Military Rifle Cartridges

I’m curious as to when the M855A1 round is going to be more widely available to the civilian market? It’s been in production for over a decade, but it’s still prohibitively expensive if and when it’s available. Anyone have some good information?

I’m curious as to when the M855A1 round is going to be more widely available to the civilian market? It’s been in production for over a decade, but it’s still prohibitively expensive if and when it’s available. Anyone have some good information?
Unless I'm mistaken the only M855A1 ammo available is considered stolen government property at the moment.

Even though the government doesn't currently classify M855A1 ammo as armor piercing at the moment. I'm sure civilian ammo manufacturers are a little hesitant to invest in producing M855A1 for the civilian market because of the headache that would come as soon as the media and anti 2a politicians hear of it which would trigger a potential movement to ban the sale to civilians creating a bad investment for ammo manufacturers.

This is just my thoughts on this.

Unless I'm mistaken the only M855A1 ammo available is considered stolen government property at the moment.

Even though the government doesn't currently classify M855A1 ammo as armor piercing at the moment. I'm sure civilian ammo manufacturers are a little hesitant to invest in producing M855A1 for the civilian market because of the headache that would come as soon as the media and anti 2a politicians hear of it which would trigger a potential movement to ban the sale to civilians creating a bad investment for ammo manufacturers.

This is just my thoughts on this.
That makes sense, thanks for the reply. Guess I’ll have to make do with some green tip and razor core. I remember reading reports from the sandbox about how effective the 855A1 was compared to green tip and wish I could find some.

Back